Did you mean: 

Processors

elek34ka
Journeyman III

Drivers for nvme ssd on Ryzen 5 5500U

Hello, i cant find (and download) nvme drivers for my laptop with Ryzen 5 5500U

laptop: honor magicbook 14 (2021) amd Ryzen 5 5500u
my ssd : wdc pc sn530 sdbpnpz-512g-1036

On windows installation menu i have a message with "A media driver on your computer is missing"
i tried many drivers, but with no success

0 Likes
5 Replies
elek34ka
Journeyman III

There is this page https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset
But i have only macos with me, so i cant run these exe files

0 Likes

Downloaded these driver and still the problem is present ...

Maybe someone has other suggestions?

0 Likes

If you have a Apple Laptop with a MACOS installed then you need to go to Apple Support to get help.

MacOS all have native drivers for the AMD APU processors.

When you update your MacOS you also update the drivers besides adding more drivers for newer hardware.

So if you have an outdated MacOS try updating to the latest version your laptop supports and see if it fixes your issue.

I would try to find out the Hardware ID of the missing Media that needs the driver. Then you can see what it refers too.

Windows has Device Manager that shows all the information of the Hardware and Driver installed. Don't know what is equivalent to Device Manager in MacOS.

But you won't get any help here or from AMD Support since you are using a Apple PC with a MacOS installed.

Do you have Windows  Boot camp running by any chance on your Laptop?

0 Likes

No, I don't have it on my laptop.

I tried to install windows on the emty drive and there is no drive in the list during the installation though it was detected by BIOS.

SSD WD sn550 1tb is not present in the drive list, whereas the old SSD 256gb is present.

0 Likes

@AlexSS 

Are you saying you also have a Apple Laptop with a MacOS installed?

If you have a Windows laptop then this thread is the wrong place to reply with your issue.

I noticed you opened your own thread in which I answered.

If you have MacOS installed than you also need to go to Apple Support and not AMD.

0 Likes