Jump to solution

hello everybody!

my config:

r7 1700x

asus crosshair vi hero

corsair cmk16gx4m2b3200c16 (2x8 gb)

hd 6870 1gb

superflower platinum 850w

i have double cold start on my motherboard: when i switch off my system and disconnected from power, and then switch on it happens. system starts, working about 2-3 sec, then switch off  and starts again.

i dont know -  is it a real problem, but it some worries me.

when i use auto overclock profile (2133 mhz, 1.2v , auto timings) double starts dont happend.

But it happends when i use overclock parametrs of my ddr: 3066mhz frequency, timings - 16, 18, 18, 18, 36, voltage - 1.35v.

i change only this parametrs.

*And it doesnot happend when i dont disconnect my system from power .

what should i also change to escape double starts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
randa71
Adept III

Re: double start on asus crosshair vi hero

Jump to solution

It's a problem related to the mainboard. Latest official bios 3008 solves this issue. I suggest you to install this. I'm using bios 3008 and for my experience is good.

ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO Driver & Tools| Motherboards | ASUS USA

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Jump to solution

If you mean when you turn it on it will turn itself off (with 3 beeps if you have  PC speaker attached) and then turn on again, it's normal, has to do with the RAM. Even my system with the same motherboard and G.Skill Flare RAM does that.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I have the same Motherboard, i believe it is a trick Asus use to minimise boot issues with higher memory frequency or something. Contact Asus and they can explain.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

There's an option in BIOS on the DRAM settings for "Fail Memory Reset Count", set it to 10 and it'll never drop back down to fail safe settings, most I've had it reset on me is 3 times.

starise
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It's a known issue of the Crosshair VI Hero called "cold boot bug".

It's solved in beta bios 9920 (download) and 0052 (download), that can be installed via "BIOS" usb port of the board.

More info on opening post here: ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

The OP "elmor" is a R&D Asus guy.

Edit: Please be careful, do not install the beta BIOS 0020 for now, it should contain the fix you are looking for, and it's more recent (rewrite based on new AGESA 1.0.0.7) but some people are having problems and a couple of guys have bricked the motherboard. It is better to install one of the two bios above.

I have your same CPU (1700X) and I recommend the bios 0052, which have both: "cold boot" fix and the "CPU temp offset" fix, that causes a wrong temperature reading after awake the PC from the sleep mode. It's beta as I said but works nice.

Jump to solution

Nobody bricked C6H with 0020. What w BS... At worse they have 0D code

0 Kudos
starise
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

A possibly persistent error code it's a soft brick that could scare or cause trouble to unexperienced users, and that's not the only issue i saw, so I just recommend to load a more tested and secure bios that solves all the major issues.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That's why there is 0070 BIOS that fixes 0D code

But 0070 has multiplier bug again.

And unexperienced users should not load test BIOSes at first point.

Elmor posts beta BIOSes only in OCN forum for users that want to experiment and know they do it on their own risk.

ASUS propably would not accept RMA because of brick caused by unofficial BIOS.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The setting in question. It's also in one of the Advanced tabs as well.

0 Kudos
grifon0991
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you. I use 0052 bios, as you said. you were right - CPU temp offset" fix work well. but i also have problem with cold start.

did you change any settings in bios after update it to 0052?

0 Kudos