cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Does this processor work as an upgrade for my Dell XPS Studio 7100 desktop PC? AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor

I want to upgrade the processor in my desktop and was wondering what processors would work. I found this one on Amazon. It's supposed to be a later model from the one I have in my PC currently.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Does this processor work as an upgrade for my Dell XPS Studio 7100 desktop PC? AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor

need pc specifications. what cpu and socket is in it?

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Does this processor work as an upgrade for my Dell XPS Studio 7100 desktop PC? AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor

Yeah, I guess that would be helpful, huh?! It has the 2.6 GHz AMD Phenom 2 X6 1035T. The socket is an AM3. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Oh, not sure if you were asking for more information regarding my PC specs other than CPU and socket type. I know just enough to be dangerous, lol. If you need more specs, let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

well the pins will line up. now we need to find out what chipset you have. see if you can find out exactly what motherboard you have

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

if its an am3 it most likley will not work. lets see if it has the 970 chip or 870 . needs rev 2 970chip but i dought this will be workable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

According to the Studio XPS 7100 Setup Guide, p.60 http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_studio_xps_desktop/studio-xps-7...

The system uses Athlon II or Phenom II CPUs on a motherboard with 785E / SB710 chipset, and up to DDR3-1333 DDR.

This would not be compatible with FX-Series CPUs. The Phenom II X6 1100T should be the fastest compatible CPU, although it has a 125W TDP and will run somewhat hotter than the 95W TDP Phenom II X6 1035T.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Thank you so much for your help! I will look into the CPU you recommended.

0 Kudos