cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rzn6jw
Adept I

Does the Ryzen 7 2700X run HOT?

Just installed the 2700X. Corsair Link for the H80i water cooler pump shows pump temp = 81.5 F. Corsair Link shows CPU temp = 193.3 F. CPUID HWMonitor shows CPU at 188.0 F. Fans running

really fast.

Is there a parameter in the BIOS that I'm missing.

Using a Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 mobo with a F23d version BIOS.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rzn6jw
Adept I

Re-installed the 2700X under the F22 BIOS on the Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 board and everything is working fine. Temp is 110F under 15% load.

Seems there's a bug in the Gigabyte F23d BIOS.

Thanks everybody for all your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
hotrith
Miniboss

looking to the specification of that cooler, it seams kind weak for that cpu, try the stock cooler and see if is better.

0 Likes

Checked with Corsair. They said the cooler should be just fine with the CPU.

What I don't understand is that the CPU is reporting a very high temperature but the cooler temp is so low. I even removed the cooler and touched the CPU and it was cold.

0 Likes

possibly some read issue, since they are fresh cpu´s, not sure how you can confirm of what is right... i would said Aida64, but at this time is probably not compatible with that cpu, see some youtube review videos, and see what programs they are using.

0 Likes

there are some problems with windows 10 that keep the cpu running at full clock with amd and intel processors

0 Likes

I was wondering..... Used CPU-Z and noticed that the CPU multiplyer was x42 which is top speed for the 2700X. Will travel over to Tenforums and see what they have to say.

0 Likes
rzn6jw
Adept I

Re-installed the 2700X under the F22 BIOS on the Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 board and everything is working fine. Temp is 110F under 15% load.

Seems there's a bug in the Gigabyte F23d BIOS.

Thanks everybody for all your help!

0 Likes