cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ashtongamer17
Newcomer

Does my ryzen 3 3200g need a BIOS update or flash with my B450 mother board?

My PC will not post, and according to PC partpicker my motherboard BIOS needs is not compatible with my APU. Some are saying that I just need to update the BIOS, others are saying I need a to flash the BIOS. My PC has not booted though, and I am hoping that I do just need to update the BIOS since the flash of the BIOS is more time consuming.

0 Likes
2 Replies

As soon as you post the exact Make & Model of your Motherboard I will be able to answer your question otherwise go to your motherboard's Support site and look at the CPU SUPPORT LIST and see which BIOS version you need for your Ryzen 3 3200g to be recognized and to boot your computer up.

Could also be incompatible RAM MEMORY so I would remove all RAM sticks and just install one RAM Stick and see if it boots up.

I use G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 which is marketed to Ryzen users like me. It has worked flawlessly. Ryzen 3000 support DDR4-3200 but the 2000 series are DDR4-2933 and the 1000 series are DDR4-2633.

I recommend world+dog all update their respective motherboard BIOS to the latest version. Besides CPU compatibility there is also tons of bug fixes.

0 Likes