cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

does my processor support virtualization?

I'm building a pc and I want to know if it supports virtualization for things like unRAID because I have plans to use unraid by running 2 pcs virtually and I currently just want to know. if there is anything you want to add if if its a dumb question or answer (I'm a pretty "simple minded" person)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

TypeItemPrice
CPUAMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor        $72.89 @ OutletPC    
CPU CoolerCooler Master DK9-7G52A-0L-GP 27.1 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler        $18.69 @ Amazon    
MotherboardMSI A68HM-E33 V2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard        $49.88 @ OutletPC    
MemoryCrucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory        $30.99 @ Amazon    
StorageSeagate  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive        $69.88 @ OutletPC    
Video CardEVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB Superclocked Video Card        $183.98 @ Newegg    
CaseSOURCE 210 White NZXT        $49.99 @ Directron    
Wireless Network AdapterGigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter        $29.99 @ SuperBiiz    
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total$506.29
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-14 12:48 EST-0500
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: does my processor support virtualization?

According to AMD your X4 860K supports AMD virtualization. You should still confirm with any software providers that the specific model X4 860K functions without issue with their software as the software can be written a variety of ways.

860K with Near Silent Thermal Solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Quick Question, Where can I find this info is there a chart/list/anything that tell me if my processor supports vitualiztion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

The link I posted above shows AMD virtualization support at the bottom of the CPU specs box. Beyond that you'd need to contact your intended software provider to see if they support the CPU.

0 Kudos