cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

parkur
Journeyman III

Does b450/x470 motherboard need a bios update to work with ryzen 3rd gen?

Hi,

I am planning to build a pc soon with the new ryzen 5 3600. But prices for x570 seem to be too high for my budget. 

So I am considering buying a b450 or x470 board (i want to go mini-itx). Bios update for those board adding compatibility for 3rd gen ryzen are starting to roll out for a little time now. But on AMD website, I saw a slide which said that B450 and X470 are compatible with 3rd Gen Ryzen and only B350 and X370 need bios update. 

Does b450 and x470 really need a bios update? or will those boards work out off the box (or allow me to enter bios to proceed bios update?)? Do I need to buy a cheep previous gen processor in order to do bios update? Or is that better to go for previous gen processor (like 2700 which is a quite cheap in my country).

Thank you for the help

0 Likes
3 Replies

This website should answer you question: AMD Ryzen 3000 Series And X570 Chipset Compatibility Quick Guide 

0 Likes
softprogram
Adept I

Search for name of mainboard in google . Then go to the support driver of the producer . Download the update bios . Then install the bios . Be careful when install the bios if not no one can rescue your mainboard ! . No stop of electricity while update bios ! .   It is better if you use trusted electric power battery ! . or ask the technician so that if there is any thing happens you will have someone  have responsibility for that ! .   

0 Likes
softprogram
Adept I

amd_ryzen_5_3600x , x570_gaming_x_rev__1_0 , crucial_8gb_ddr4_3000_unbuffered_dimm , geforce_gtx_1660_ti_ventus_xs_6g_oc : they can work with each another . This costs 876 usd . You should use the vga as above because if not it is too weak for the cpu you have ryzen 5 3600x .   3600x can support for oc . This is very good in order to use cpu for long time 4 to 6 years after that you can oc it in order to catch up with the softwares at that time ! .  You can upgrade ram the same as the ram you buy in order to run dual channel . With amd , ram upgrade will affect the system very clearly .   You can buy more vga in order to upgrade your pc . 

So the configuration above is not expensive while it can be used for over 10 years to come . 

0 Likes