cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept III
Adept III

Re: Does all Ryzen cpu fully support Windows 7 installation and updates?

Microsoft said that ALL new CPUs starting with Kaby Lake and Ryzen would not be supported by Windows 10. That includes EPYC.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

bummer dude.. ! i suppose microslop is herding up the people like cattle at this point...

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

What about AMD 7th gen. Bristol Ridge CPU?  Do they all have the same faith as Ryzen, which is not recommended for Win7?

AMD 7th gen. Bristo Ridge CPU:

FX-9000 series

APU A6-A12-9000 series

Athlon x4 900 series

E2-9000 series

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

ryzen runs great on win 7. micro soft dont like it since it runs better than win 10.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It may beat Win10 by a few points on certain games but without Microsoft full support it's vulnerable. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

hey Guys Recently built a new Ryzen 7 1800 system with dual boot - Win7&Win10.

Everything seems OK but when I use Prime 95 'Blend' to test it for stability the system crashes almost instantly in Windows 7, I am able to pass Prime95 'Blend' testing in Windows 10, with the same latest version of Prime 95 its 100% stable.

My main board is Asrock 370 taichi with BIOS 3.4, also tried 3.6 and beta 3.7 same results

Memory is at 2933Mhz and lowering it to 2133Mhz doesn't help, so I assume that's not the problem.

I will appreciate any help or sharing your experience with similar configuration.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Its because of the instability of windows 7 when it was first annonced it was fine but actually it had many background problems also security problems they could of ddosed you only from going in to skype now its not like that and windows 10 is more secured and stable thats why it can run also on phones and tablets.Dont think you will be better on win7 win8 was more like experiment to see how far they can go with it and SPOILER ALERT!! Didnt work .

0 Kudos