cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

tapidlittle
Journeyman III

Re: Do I need to upgrade my CPU ?

thank you I will try that... but for most of my games (I don't really play competitive games) Vsync works fine if I manage to not drop below 60 fps. I don't really notice the input lag caused by turning it ON.

Next step will be a Gsync TV.

0 Likes

Yeah I think that would be a better option than a new cpu,... Also contact Ubisoft about your FPS drops,... They make the games. 

0 Likes
jamesx380fx
Elite

Yea that gsync monitor is gonna be a pricy investment.

Would still recommend you upgrade the CPU first before the monitor though (just be sure to  keep the boards bios up to date before dropping in a new processor) Only need to keep track of online etailers for some good deal's this coming hollidays.

And it sounds like your pretty satisfied with your 4k tv as your display device already anyway and don't really play games competitively atm which is when investing in gsync display would be a great idea.

Not really sure if UBi will ever fix these issues your having anytime soon, and from my own personal experience playing ubi games recently, they don't have a good track record of fixing bugs on their new game releases these past few years (I already finished GR WildLands campaign before they even decided to fix half of the issues I was having with that game)

Beyond Good and Evil is probably the only UBi game that I'm excited about and that games a long ways off from release but hopefully by then UBi would have fully embraced DX12 or vulkan. But knowing UBi, they probably would sooner adapt a new form of DRM than to fully embrace a better/faster API lol.

0 Likes
tapidlittle
Journeyman III

If I turn ON fast sync in the Nvidia panel would I get tearing when the fps drops below 60 ? (On a 60hz display).

The only competitive game I play is COD... and my monitor supports 120hz at 1080p, but probably my CPU won't output 120fps... ??

0 Likes
jamesx380fx
Elite

It usually doesn't since fast sync is kinda like vsync lite but with triple buffering added in,  but unlike triple buffering, fast sync has little to no input lag. It does vary from game to game though, but most of the time I don't really see as much screen tearing with it on, its still there sometimes and you Can notice it if your actively looking for it (compared to just having vsync on) but its not as bad as having vsync off.

If your fps target is 120+ or more then yes, a faster CPU will definitely help you achieve that, especially when it comes to resource intensive games.

Though I don't really know how well the new COD runs yet or how well it scales when it comes to CPU cores, but I do know that its the First DX12 only COD game in the series so it could very well run great with more cores/threads, so depending on the settings, it could be possible to run it at 120 on your system. 

Just Gonna have to wait for the game to release plus day1 launch drivers (which should be available by now) for benchmarks of the final game (non beta) to pop up online to find out.

0 Likes