cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lucifer008
Journeyman III

Defective Ryzen 5 3600X (4 cores instead of 6)

Hello, recently bought a new ryzen 5 3600X processor, thought it was cool to have one with 6 cores and 12 threads, and unfortunately when I went into the AIDA 64 test program, CPUZ, and in the computer settings, I was disappointed and surprised by the information that saw, my processor displays only 4 cores and 8 threads, updated the BIOS firmware to the latest, set the processor frequency to standard and nothing helps ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PRO Ryzen 5 3600Х

0 Likes
3 Replies

Go into BIOS and see if there is a setting that shows how many cores to enable on the Processor or to enable all cores on  the processor something of that nature.

Also go to Windows System Configuration (Under Administrative Tools in Control Panel) and click on "BOOT" then click on "Advanced Options" and the check mark 'Processor" and enter the number of Cores your Processor has. Reboot and see if it shows all cores enabled now:

If that doesn't help it would be helpful to see what the performance tab in the task manager shows and what Ryzen Master shows. 

check for a BIOS update for your motherboard. You may find your solution with an update.

0 Likes