cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Trap_bruh
Journeyman III

Customer service scratched my CPU, Am I screwed?

I have had a Ryzen 5 3600 since last year, i had bought it at microcenter that i purchased it from because it recently stopped working all together. Up until recently I went to see about warranty or exchanging the CPU and to sum it up i didn't get a protection plan for my cpu and when I gave the person at the customer service my cpu, he had scratched the surface with a screw driver trying to take off the thermal paste from the cpu. I'm now seeing that the warranty for replacing the cpu could be voided if there are visible scratches on the surface. Can some one please if I'll be able to get covered. This was my first build and I can't afford another CPUCustomer service in DuluthCustomer service in Duluth

0 Likes
2 Replies
Trap_bruh
Journeyman III

To add any detail. I had bought my CPU around July of last year and as of 2/5/21 i went to the microcenter to exchange my cpu and this nightmare happened

0 Likes

If AMD Warranty is voided due to those scratches then Micro center Retailer is responsible in replacing your CPU since they were the ones at fault for damaging the CPU and voiding your AMD Warranty.

Now if those scratches are superficial and not deep then possibly the Thermal Paste will cover them completely and you will still be able to use it. But if they are deep then you may have heating issues when you install it.

I would have Micro Center Retailer replace your CPU since they were the ones that damaged it in the first place.

To check to see if those scratches voids your AMD  Warranty I suggest you open a AMD Warranty Request (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form) and see what they say. If they report back that the Warranty is voided after uploading your photos then you can take that back to Micro-Center for replacement as proof that they are responsible.

0 Likes