cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AMD-NERD
Journeyman III

CPU upgrade

I own a HP Pavilion Desktop 690-00xx with a HP Sunflower 8433 11 motherboard with a Ryzen AMD Promentory FCH Chipset which in order to run Windows 11 requires me to upgrade to a Ryzen 7 2700 Processor. Since I am not familiar with what is required I need help to ascertain if this means any of the several alphabetical prefixes that follow the 2700 or is it just the 2700 processor chip itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Googled your HP OEM Motherboard and found out it specs and which Processors you can upgrade to: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05939208

Screenshot 2022-11-29 103332.png

By the above Specs for your Sunflower HP Motherboard it does indicate that it will support the Ryzen 7 2700 processor.

Just make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed BEFORE you install the new processor.

0 Likes

Does this also go for the 2700E and 2700X models of this processor?

0 Likes

I don't know that is something you will need to ask HP Support.

But that HP Support specs on your motherboard shows which processor you can upgrade to.

It doesn't show any other variant of the 2700 processor.

NOTE: Looking at the Ryzen 7 2700X specs it is a 105 watt TDP which will disqualify it but the Ryzen 7 2700e has a TDP of 45 watts so it is below the maximum processor TDP for your Motherboard.

But I don't know if the MoBo's BIOS would recognize the 2700e or not.

0 Likes
AMD-NERD
Journeyman III

Okay thanks for your expert advice it is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes