cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

tortipous
Journeyman III

CPU throttling

Hi folks, IT amateur for 10 years and currently IT student. I swapped my motherboard back in august 2022, and I've got an issue that appeared in december. Two things occured : we had a power outage in the city and I did a bios update to prepare my swap from a R7 3800X to a R9 5900X this summer. The event came as said before. Motherboard is an Aorus X570 elite wifi. When I boot up my computer, my CPU goes from 42C in bios up to 105 in windows, it rises by about 1 degree per 2-3 seconds, it "throttles" down to 0.55GHz and remains at 105C for a bit, and then magically speeds back up to normal and reaches 45C while gaming. The issue could be a bug or a thermostat being deffective, but I don't think it's either of these reasons because the cooler was working properly and everything on my Asus motherboard. I did update bios and chipset driver a couple of times since december but I'm out of ideas, I even asked my professors and they gave me a few pointers but I'm out of ideas here. If anyone has met this issue and has the solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
rdenmon
Challenger

What do you have cooling down processor? if nothing, I would get a water cooling system on it. (I assume you have something  but you did not mention it)- What if you reinstalled Windows? Maybe something was messed up with that? Where did you position your sensors? If you placed them in wrong spot or two close to something the readings could be off?- Some random thoughts.

0 Likes
tortipous
Journeyman III

I found the solutions. It was a setting in the CPU smart fan control 5, in Tweaker or something. My water cooler is a CoolerMaster CX240 or something like that. The setting on my board by default is On voltage. I changed it to PWM and it solved it.

0 Likes

Feels good when it all comes together! keep up the good work!

0 Likes

That's great to hear that you found the solution to your CPU temperature issue!

0 Likes