Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cael
Newcomer

CPU Temps

Hey guys.

So today I installed Cinebench to test out my Ryzen 7 2700.

I had the AMD Ryzen Master software open to monitor temps and found that my CPU reached 88C.

My CPU when Idle reaches temperatures ranging from 39C-45C

Are these temps ok? 

I use this PC to record and edit gameplay and so I dont want the PC to shut down mid-way through a recording or render.

Baring in mind that where I am based is currently in Summer time, experiencing a heat wave, with outside temps reaching 26C with the possibility of them rising to 30C

If anyone could give me any advice then that would be great!

0 Likes
3 Replies

For Ryzen processors anything below 90*C is in the safe range, but in a hot climate you really should think about investing in an aftermarket cooling system. Closed loop liquid coolers are quiet, powerful, and far less dependent on ambient temperatures as air.

xlox
Forerunner

cpu begins to throttle if too hot, in order to cool down ... in fact i would be worried if temps wouldn't go down

but 45° is perfectly fine ... as black_zion said , if you want to optimize the peak frequencies , just go with a aio , a 2 fan aio should be sufficient to stay under 75° staying out of throttling zone

and you can eventually even try to undervolt a little setting offset -0.075 in bios for example should be 100% stable (you can test further with -0.1V)

0 Likes

Lemme know when it reaches 55C

For a standard ATX chassis a single fan water cooler for the rear fan bay can handle amy AM4 CPU out there.

If you have a big box like the Obsidian 750D than you can use a top mounted 280mm fan

0 Likes