cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Aroon
Journeyman III

CPU Temperature

i build pc a week ago with r5 3600 , i noticed that my pc restarts itself 2 times , i726ce018-7edd-4f69-b3de-4212d2a0a037.jpg thought it was some OS problem, by later on I came to know that my cpu temperature was booming, i use stock cooler only . when system is simply on it was around 40 to 50 degree celsius , and while working on premier pro or other multimedia softwares , it was around 60 to 70  degree, and while rendering on premier pro it was upto 90 degree, is this danger ? .. help me with this please

0 Likes
6 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

that's a little hot , even for stock cooler ... at 90/95° cpu should only throttle no problem , but if it crash/reboot because of temps , that could be because it's not really cooling and throttle doesn't cool in my view ..

did you check thermal paste ?

fan curve ? (try to raise fan speed to see if it change anything)

good air flow in your case ?

bios is up to date ?

you can allways try to undervolt a little , but you must have something to check with you cooler i think

Check deviation of your MB  while 100% CPU and if the deviation is not between 95-105% then MB is the issue. Sometimes processor thinks is still in limit because of faulty MB and then it’s taking more voltage, because CPU thinks it can go faster...

Check your PSU too

Hi mate ??How to check the deviation??

0 Likes

Hwinfo64

0 Likes
caleb_cruze
Adept II

1. Clean Out Your Computer

2. Reapply Thermal Paste

3. If You Have Bad Cable Management, Fix It

4. Upgrade Your CPU Cooler

5. Add More Case Fans

6. Upgrade Your PC Case

7. Speed Up Your Existing Fans

8. For Laptop Users, Get A Laptop Cooler

9. Lower Your Room Temperature

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Caleb

0 Likes

As others have stated, temps rising that quickly under use is usually due to an incorrectly installed CPU cooler.   I would removed the CPU cooler, clean off and reapply thermal paste.  Mount and reconnect the the CPU cooler to the CPU header on the motherboard.  Make sure the fan is spinning when you power up the PC.

0 Likes