cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

etsachin
Adept II

Re: CPU stuck at 0.39ghz speed

This is the third time i'm having this issue, usually it would last for about a week or so then it disappears for about two to three weeks and starts re appearing. and strangely my device also stops charging during the throttling event, is it the same for you? Can you provide that Asus engineer contact number?. Talking about Ryzen Master, i think it isn't supported because our device is a notebook which is not supposed to be tweaked for high performance due to its poor thermal design.

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

Readings.jpg

etsachin
Adept II

Does your device charge its battery while throttling?

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

I have diabled my "Microsoft ACPI Compilant control method Battery" from device manager. as it used to charge but at very slow speed not like how it actually came like fresh. Technician told me to new battery will also responding same so you need to replace motherboard. I didnt go for motherboard relacement. I've disabled it. you can contact Asus vi MyAsus app through chat or email.  

0 Likes
etsachin
Adept II

Motherboard replacement?  for what battery issue or for throttling?

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

Issue is resolved, I took it to service center, They said thermal paste worn out  and applied new, did some cleaning, formatted System and they removed my custom partition as well. observing since 2 days no issues. 

0 Likes
etsachin
Adept II

Mine also seems resolved since past 5-7 days but i didn't do anything. I did update my graphic drivers from AMD website and it installed a custom power plan along with some other drivers after that throttling never appeared. I strongly suspect the default Windows Power plan had some issues because during throttling device simultaneously stops charging as well, so it has to be something related to power. In your case i don't think it has got anything to do with thermal paste, considering you device is not so old and there is little to no chance that the thermal paste could wear out. Fresh install would have fixed it. I was about to report you then i thought i would wait if it reappears, but as of now it didn't.explorer_kW5iqlHOsk.png.

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

Guess what! the issue has resurfaced, I really dont understand what to do about it. Tried Ryzen balanced plan as well and after 1hr of usage the cpu speed hits 0.39ghz and then everything lags. 

At the moment only these two options running in my mind

Feeling like switching to windows 7

or

some tweaks in Bios.

Anybody from AMD staff/community who can help ? 

Even my 10-12 year old 32bit laptop never gave me such problem.. whats the point of buying Quadcore ?

0 Likes
etsachin
Adept II

mine also re appeared. I think it's time to consider hardware faults. Are you under warrenty?

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

No! its been 1yr warranty expired. Will switching back to windows 7 help?

0 Likes