cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MissPink
Adept I

CPU Maximum Clock Speed reduced Showing on RYZEN MASTER

I have a Ryzen 9 3900X ASUS B550 plus MB.

I haven't altered any settings in RYZEN MASTER, however my Maximum Clock Speed reduced from 4600MHz Maximum to 4000. I don't understand why. The only settings I've adjusted is fan speeds in the ASUS performance and power savings utilities.

0 Likes
1 Solution

It is. I've managed to solve that issue by making the CPU Voltage Auto. But know it's working at around 3700MHz under load at about 75c were as before it was around 4100MHz at around 75c. I'm confused.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
thorat
Adept I

I Guess that Ryzen Master behaves much like PBO in Bios, and sets a clock speed based on headroom. If you set fan speed lower, I guess that gives lesser headroom for OC because of temps. Just a guess. Try to revert the changes and see if the Max clock speed goes back up. 

0 Likes

No. I increased the fan speed. But the thing is this... It's the max speed SHOWING that's gone from 4600MHz to 4000MHz. I just don't get it.

0 Likes

That is really weird. Unless Asus applied som other settings as well

0 Likes

It is. I've managed to solve that issue by making the CPU Voltage Auto. But know it's working at around 3700MHz under load at about 75c were as before it was around 4100MHz at around 75c. I'm confused.

0 Likes