Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

afm_amd
Journeyman III

CPU major problems with R7 2700 after upgrading from 1700

Hello!

After switch from my old R7 1700 to a R7 2700 I am having some problems:
- The 2700 is unstable on Tctl/Tdie Temps, so much variation that I haven't seen on my old gen ryzen, and I currently use a Corsair H60 push/pull which could keep the temps 60C before, now it ramps up to 70C easily and DO reboot in a gaming session (Battlefield V or Need for Speed Payback, both CPU demanding games);
- 2700 doesn't Boost that much during gameplay and does not overclock/undervolt like the old gen??? that's insane that I get no past from 1.25V (wih that rebooting mentioned earlier) and gets hotter even if 2700 have higher max temp than 1700;

I have already reinstalled Windows 10 x64 Pro, all the drivers (including AMD Chipset and AMD Radeon, latest) and do have the latest BIOS for my Asrock B350 ITX Fatality. It could be possible that my processor is faulty?

I could use some help to solve this situation

0 Likes
6 Replies

check for a BIOS update 

make sure you did not use too much TIM on the water cooler

afm_amd
Journeyman III

No BIOS update so far (even reflashed the latest one, P5.60 with AGESA 0.072).

I was suspecting the TIM too, bought a new one and reapplied, the thermals did stabilize a little better, but so far no progress on clocking/voltage problem (doesn't stabilize or go further 3.9GHz or 1.25V)

0 Likes

stick to stock speed as AMD does not have much headroom unless you have a large cooler

afm_amd
Journeyman III

The problem is that I do have a Corsair (2018) with push pull at Corsair's ML120 (one of the bests for radiators), now getting below 70ºC but the clocks/voltages don't get boosted (stock settings) neither stabilized if I overclock manually. 

That's why I think it could be a faulty processor

0 Likes

afm_amd wrote:

The problem is that I do have a Corsair (2018) with push pull at Corsair's ML120 (one of the bests for radiators), now getting below 70ºC but the clocks/voltages don't get boosted (stock settings) neither stabilized if I overclock manually. 

That's why I think it could be a faulty processor

that radiator is not bad but its not the same as the big 2x140mm units that EATX users have 

That is why I suggest stock speeds and live with that.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

afm_amd, if you really want to go fast, you may need a better cooler, but so far, I see no evidence of a problem.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Please tell us much more about your system specifications.  RM is the only valid reporter of Ryzen temperatures, voltages, currents and clocks.  The free applications are very often not to be trusted.  I went to water (AIO) several generations ago and have never regretted it.   Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes