Hamcall
Adept I

CPU Health Check

Hi,

1st Post, is there an AMD health check app for a Ryzen 9 CPU

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for clarifying your previous post.

So Intel's Health Check is a diagnostic tool to check the actual Intel processors for hardware defects or failures in the processor itself?

Every time you boot up your computer BIOS checks your Processor before booting into the OS. But I imagine you can probably use Stress testing software like OCCT  as an example.

OCCT will show you if it encounters any errors while running the CPU, GPU or PSU Stress tests.

This website gives some Diagnostic Tools that are compatible with AMD Processor to check if they are damaged or not working correctly: https://softadvice.informer.com/Amd_Processor_Diagnostic_Tool.html

Screenshot 2022-03-13 220146.png

I personally can't verify any of the above software except AMD System Monitor which is a AMD product. But not sure if it is compatible with Windows 10/11 or not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Not sure what you mean by "Health Check" for a AMD Processor.

Ryzen Master is created for the Ryzen processors and it shows many data and information concerning the processor and motherboard including stress testing the CPU.

0 Likes

Yes, I assumed it was the same terminology that is used by Intel, I want to see if there are errors in the R9 that I should be concerned about, the intel health check can be done with R9 but it fails only because its not an Intel CPU.

Just wondered if there was a Ryzen equivalent to Intel's

0 Likes

Thanks for clarifying your previous post.

So Intel's Health Check is a diagnostic tool to check the actual Intel processors for hardware defects or failures in the processor itself?

Every time you boot up your computer BIOS checks your Processor before booting into the OS. But I imagine you can probably use Stress testing software like OCCT  as an example.

OCCT will show you if it encounters any errors while running the CPU, GPU or PSU Stress tests.

This website gives some Diagnostic Tools that are compatible with AMD Processor to check if they are damaged or not working correctly: https://softadvice.informer.com/Amd_Processor_Diagnostic_Tool.html

Screenshot 2022-03-13 220146.png

I personally can't verify any of the above software except AMD System Monitor which is a AMD product. But not sure if it is compatible with Windows 10/11 or not.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply, I will check the solution you have given and let you know if it does the job.

Mike