cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Hirstii
Journeyman III

CPU BROKEN

Hi. I builded new pc about 5 days ago and it was working fine no problem there but no it wont post anymore. I have tried my parts on my friends pc everything was working right but not cpu and im wondering how its possible that new cpu is broken all ready?!

Pc specs are

cpu Ryzen 9 3900x

gpu Pny geforce rtx 3060 ti

mobo tuf gaming x570-plus

rams 2x hyperx fury 8gb 

psu corsair rm 650x

memory samsung v-nand ssd 970 evo plus

i bought new mobo it was working about 10min it posted but when was installing windows it was almost done then it says windows has to restart to continue installing then it shut down started again but no signal after that tried new memory ja cleared cmos and tried with one ram stick every sloth both of them.. tried another gpu everything except new cpu. Behind cpu i see that 2 pins looks like they been burnt. Only thing i have done i bios was memory x.m.p profile change. And now it seems that only thing i haven’t tried is new cpu on my mobo. We tried my cpu on my friends mobo it started but shutted down about 30 secs later. But he has asrock 450b pro and read it from online it says he has to update bios for new gen cpu. 500€ cpu broken after 2 days?!?!

0 Likes
9 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Could you share a picture of the burned pins? 

Also, do not use an XMP profile. Using an XMP profile may cause your processor and processor controls to run at higher voltage. Honestly, I think it would be helpful to try the BIOS in factory settings. In addition, I think temperature controls should be done.

0 Likes

Well thats a problem because no signal is only thing monitor shows

0 Likes

That black wasnt there before.. right corner middleThat black wasnt there before.. right corner middle

Little bit down right middleLittle bit down right middle

0 Likes

It looks dirty. If it is not clean, there may be no contact and problems may occur. Try to clean using alcohol and cotton.

0 Likes

If one or so of the Pins are bent. Be 100% sure it actuality is.. You can normally get away with carefully bending it straight again..

It's normally a once bend back correction per Pin (Minor corrections, not 60° - 90°)but a small once only mild straighten normally works. Obviously too many attempts will just snap it.

There's quite a few YouTube videos on the topic & demonstrations. 

Only advice I can give is watch alot of them to ensure consistent best method of how & what tool etc. You feel best. 

0 Likes

well i clean it but no signal.. tried my friend cpu ryzen 3 2200g and it worked monitor shows bios and so on.. now i thing for sure its broken cpu..

0 Likes

How did it go straightening the pin..?

@Hirstii wrote:

well i clean it but no signal.. tried my friend cpu ryzen 3 2200g and it worked monitor shows bios and so on.. now i thing for sure its broken cpu..

0 Likes

There isn’t pended pins

0 Likes

Perform CMOS clear. I think the probability of problems with a new processor is very low. Goodluck...

0 Likes