cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thoma_11
Journeyman III

CPU and RAM problems help.

My pc starts to freezing randomly when I start doing multiple tasks. I'm running an AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition which officially only works with ram up to 1333mhz but I have, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz ram.

On HWInfo it shows my CPU fluctuating a lot and doesn't look normal. The memory seems to be okay and idles around 30% usage and when playing games it goes to around 70%.

Specs:

• AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black
  • MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
  • GTX 770 Graphics 
  • 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
0 Likes
1 Solution
EFermi
Miniboss

Have you tried forcefully setting RAM to 1333MHz in BIOS? I don't think this is the issue, but just to check how it will behave. 

If you have any overclock, remove it. I assume yours are recently bought used parts? If not, revert any changes you did recently if possible. Install different versions of chipset / LAN / audio (yes, they can do that) / whatever drivers. If all else fails, use Windows 7. Yours is not such a minty fresh system to benefit from the 10.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Have you tried a clean installation of Windows 10 to rule out OS corruption?
0 Likes

Yes, I have reinstalled windows 10 already.

0 Likes
EFermi
Miniboss

Have you tried forcefully setting RAM to 1333MHz in BIOS? I don't think this is the issue, but just to check how it will behave. 

If you have any overclock, remove it. I assume yours are recently bought used parts? If not, revert any changes you did recently if possible. Install different versions of chipset / LAN / audio (yes, they can do that) / whatever drivers. If all else fails, use Windows 7. Yours is not such a minty fresh system to benefit from the 10.

0 Likes

To me it sound a bit like the CPU maybe have become defective.
Its a 10 year old cpu that could run faster than other cpus and unlocked so it could overclock and even boost i think.
Also after 10 years i imagine your thermal paste inbetween cpu and cooler is worn out so you might have heating issues that make your cpu behave this way as well..tip. when a cpu goes above 90c it will start to slow down to protect iself.

But in general I think the cpu have reached the end of its life time and that maybe is the reason you have problems.
But it is hard to say i also imagine your hardware such as motherboard and power supply also is like 10 years old.
Your harddisk will properbly also start to fail in a not to distant future.

Alternative you maybe can get a used cpu very cheap now a days on ebay or something like that.

My advice dont spend money on your old pc or repairing it.
It think its time for a new computer..  ( but you can keep your graphics card but in general maybe time to also change that )

ps. throw out all cables if you build a new pc , do not reuse them ( cables might be connected different than your old ones )

0 Likes