Journeyman III

CPU and GPU too hot (99 Celsius)

Hello everyone.

Last year, in around november? i bought an asus tuf fx505dd

cpu: ryzen 5 3550h

gpu: gtx 1050 3gb

ram: 8gb
screen: 60hz

and I had no problems with it at all. I really like this laptop.

but yesterday I got call of duty ww2 and when I play it my cpu gets around 95-99 Celsius and gpu 97 Celsius.

When I play csgo it's bout 88-95 celsius.

I read that ryzen 3550h can go up til 105 celsius

I dont know bout my gpu

So I have a few questions:

Is this safe? 88-95 celsius?

What bout 99 celsius?

Some people told me if it doesnt go over 100 it's all good, but I dont think so, I dont know.

I am very worried because I don't want to damage my laptop. Can someone tell me what can I do?

Thanks in advantage!

0 Likes
9 Replies
mccharle
Elite

Hello,

CPU > 80°C is very hot, perhaps thermal past and/or cpu cooler not well installed.

GPU arround 100°C at full speed it's not strange just noisy.

Also can you check motherboard temperature ? The air flow in the case may not be sufficient if you are > 60°C.

0 Likes

Hello.

Thanks for the reply!

Where can I check the motherboard temperature? I used Armoury Crate to check temperature of my CPU and GPU.

''The air flow in the case may not be sufficient if you are > 60°C.'' what do you mean?

I forgot to mention that I always play plugged on so I get more FPS.

I did a test and when Im not charging the CPU temp doesnt go over 65°C so It might be battery problem?

0 Likes

On BIOS you can see temperatures, with motherboard utility from the manufacturer or free software like Open Hardware Monitor - Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget 

With CPU-Z you can launch stress CPU (bench tab) or other CPU burner and check temperatures.

Same with GPU burner and all together.

0 Likes

Hmm..

Well I played without charging, usually fps drops of course but my cpu didnt go higher than 65C and my gpu didnt og higher than 60C.

It could be a battery problem maybe?

0 Likes

Sorry ecc9,

I missed LAPTOP word on your first post, I'm french.

So your PC case is your laptop and perhaps need a better air flow around it.

Can you take off battery and play with AC power only ?

Also if you can raise it by one centimetre to allow fresh air to pass through the underside you can grab some degrees.

0 Likes
ecc9
Journeyman III

No problem my friend.

Yes I played only with AC power and my CPU didnt go over 65C and GPU 60C. 

Why are my temps higher while plugged in? Is that battery problem or any short?

0 Likes

Batteries when charging up there temperature, sometimes over 40°C, so with video card and CPU, it's to much for the little fan.

Have fun.

0 Likes

Does that still causes damage, if it's the battery heating up them?

0 Likes

No, don't worry, batteries and charging system have thermal protection.

To hot temperature only reduce the life time of components, when you can use power AC without batteries.

0 Likes