Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hpxref
Journeyman III

CORRECT RAM TO USE WITH RYZEN THREADRIPPER PRO CPU FOR PROPER SYNC TO CPU

I have an ASUS PRO WS WRX80E SAGE sWRX8 eATX motherboard and have ordered an 

AMD T/ripper PRO 3955wx cpu for it. But now confused as how to order correct  ram

for it as all specs I can find on net are for standard non T/Ripper  PRO cpus.

I was going to order 64GB of CORSAIR 3600 Vengeance Pro SL (2 x 16x 32) but I can only find

specs for uses with Non Thread Ripper PRO cpus.

My question is:  Does the T/ripper PRO above have the same controller syncs to external Ram

as the standard t/rippers ?

Also I cant find a supplier for Liquid Cooling of the T/Ripper Pro cpus.  Are they available at all?

(M/board is being fitted to a Thermal Take Core W100 case, so there's enough room)

My application is for Resolves DaVinci Studio 17 Video editing and the choice of the 3955W was a compromise

between best Edit performance and Fusion. (Fusion runs single only whilst Edit uses all available cores ,

so Fusion runs better with high clock speed cpu's and the 3955WX can run at > 4GHz

So would the above RAM sync  OK in the the T/ripp PRO cpus without any slow downs?

If not can anyone recommend a RAM type that would be FULLY T/Ripper PRO compatible?

Thanks for your time

John

0 Likes
1 Reply
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I recommend checking the Motherboard QVL for compatible memory that the manufacturer has validated. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/Workstation/Pro-WS-WRX80E-SAGE-SE-WIFI/Hel...
0 Likes