cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

prudentes888
Adept I

Cooler Master Software says "Please plug in your cm devices to continue"??

I am trying to change the RGB settings on the Wraith Prism Cooler that comes with my Ryzen 7 3700X processor. The cooler master software says "Please Plug in your cm device to continue." Of course, it is plugged in. You can't move past this screen. The motherboard is the ROG Strix X570-E. I have the Wraith plugged into the CPU header and all is working well. I have tried plugging it into another 12V but I get an on-screen warning say to plug in the CPU to the right plug. Really appreciate a solution or guidance towards one. I should say, in case it isn't clear...I want to change the color of the RBG in the cooler and the Cooler Master Software should allow me to do that if I could get it to recognize the unit.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

This YouTube fixed that error by switching the USB connector to a USB 2.0 connector on a X570 Motherboard: [FIX] Plug in CM Device | Wraith Prism RGB Setup!! | ASRock X570 [2020] - YouTube 

This previous thread on Tom's Hardware also mentions about connecting both cables which causes conflicts in RGB in the Prism: [SOLVED] - Amd wraith prism RGB and USB connectors | Tom's Hardware Forum 

A previous thread here at AMD concerning Coolermaster RGB not working: https://community.amd.com/message/2886431?commentID=2886431#comment-2886431?q=coolermaster%20RGB%20n... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

This YouTube fixed that error by switching the USB connector to a USB 2.0 connector on a X570 Motherboard: [FIX] Plug in CM Device | Wraith Prism RGB Setup!! | ASRock X570 [2020] - YouTube 

This previous thread on Tom's Hardware also mentions about connecting both cables which causes conflicts in RGB in the Prism: [SOLVED] - Amd wraith prism RGB and USB connectors | Tom's Hardware Forum 

A previous thread here at AMD concerning Coolermaster RGB not working: https://community.amd.com/message/2886431?commentID=2886431#comment-2886431?q=coolermaster%20RGB%20n... 

prudentes888
Adept I

Thanks! My stumbling block was where to connect the other end of the USB Connector. It was looking like it involved removing the cooler from the processor and basically almost completely reversing the build to get the connector hooked up, then rebuilding, then testing. One of the links you provided showed a drawing where I could see the connectors with little rubber caps in them on the edge. Changed everything and made my day. Suddenly everything else I figured out made sense and the last detail of my build is complete! Made my day thanks to you.

Glad you got your Prism RGB working normally. You aren't the first User to have issues connecting the RGB and making it work.

Take care.

0 Likes

So I see. I put up a quick YouTube Video that might contribute to helping others needing a solution. 

Wraith Prism - Plug in your cm device - YouTube 

Thanks again!

I just plugged in my Wraith Prism Cooler USB to my 570 mother board.  The software was v1.18. Ever thing worked after i made the proper connection.

The USB connector is a 10 pin connector with three wires.  On the motherboard is a row of 4 pins and 1 blank spot.  The row of empty slots on the USB connector should be towards the bottom of the mother board.

USB Connector       The Motherboard

E W W W E                P P P P E

E  E  E  E  E

0 Likes