cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mechanicalsock
Journeyman III

Constant Crashes with Ryzen 5 3600 MSI x570 Gaming Eege

I just got a ryzen 5 3600 and MSI x570 gaming edge wifi but when trying to boot into windows I get constant blue screens, my system works fine with my ryzen 3 2200g but it will not work with my 3600. Just looking for answers so I can actually use my 3600

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

mechanicalsock, if you are running the same OS with both processors, that is probably the problem.  Please format your C: disk, install a fresh latest copy of W10 (18363.628) with your 3600 in the machine.  If you want to go back to your 2200G, then you will need to format your C: disk and do it again.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I get blue screens when trying to install windows with the 3600. What I usually do to get the 3600 working is get everything set up and installed on the 2200g and then switch my cpu after.

Some of the blue screen that i have gotten include:

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

those 2 are the most common

0 Likes

mechanicalsock, yours is one of the strangest stories I have heard.  I assume you have the BIOS needed to install a third generation Ryzen in your MB - check with MSI.  You should not continue to try to run a system that will not install W10 directly - something basic is wrong.  This must be addressed.  Please do not worry about the RAM.  Before installing W10, please do a Clear CMOS, format your C: disk in the install process, and install.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

For future issues like this do turn off secure boot of it's turned on. I can say that secure boot gave me major headaches when switching from a 1600af to 3600xt after it had been set up and running fine I swapped ram sticks which works fine btw but by doing so for whatever reason triggered something for secure boot. Turning it off allowed the pc to boot. I had to go to secure boot and manually add a few keys..as to what keys these are one is for Microsoft, and the 9ther is msi. I know nothing about secure boot in general, but as I said secure boot will 100%give bsod when trying to turn the pc on when it's loading up right past the msi logo. And yes I know this is old. But reinstalling windows is not something I had done. My issue was secure boot. Not tpm secure boot.

0 Likes

Make sure you have the latest BIOS/UEFI and CHIPSET driver versions installed.  This will make your 3rd generation processor more compatible with the motherboard and hardware installed. Support For MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI G... 

If you are using the same RAM MEMORY for both the 2nd and 3rd generation processors, your BSODs could be RAM MEMORY not being compatible with the 3rd generation processor.

I would check MSI QVL List for RAM MEMORY and see if your RAM modules are listed as being compatible with the 3rd generation processor.

If your RAM Memory isn't listed for the 3rd generation processor but is listed for the 2nd generation processor QVL List than it could be a good indication of not being compatible.

Try using just one RAM MEMORY and see if it boots up without crashing to BSOD.

0 Likes

The RAM i am using is 4 sticks of Hyper X fury 4gb at 2666MHz. I Checked the compatability lists and on both HyperX isnt on there. I have HX426C15FBK2/8. My system will work on the 3600 if i get everything setup on my 2200g but i occasionally get bsods casued by ntoskrnl.exe

0 Likes

Hi Sock

As your RAM is not listed for your HyperX it means it isn't guaranteed to work as it hasn't been tested.

These Ryzen CPU s are far more picky with RAM than their Intel counterparts so compatible RAM is very important for proper stability.

Did you update your BIOS as the 3600 CPU will need that to work properly?

Next try it with just 2 sticks of RAM. You will need to read your manual to see which slots these go in as it is very specific for each motherboard but usually A1 & B1 or A2 & B2.

If you do decide to replace the RAM then you would benefit from a minimum of 3200 MHZ speed for better performance.

Andy

0 Likes