cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rj3939
Journeyman III

Computer randomly shuts down, CPU debug light on

For several months now my computer has been shutting down at random. When this occurs it will stop displaying anything to either of my monitors, although all system lighting remains on while my motherboard ezdebug shows the CPU light, There's no way to get the computer out of this state other than to hard reset the power supply. Sometimes even after doing this the computer will boot up for several seconds and then will relapse to its previous state. Only after toggling the power supply several times can I get into windows. At first I thought it was a driver issue, and did troubleshooting for that, which worked for several hours until I began having the issue again. I also troubleshooted for corrupted windows files using a repair tool, which again allowed my computer to work fine for several hours before then having this issue occur again. It seems to happen at random intervals, for no apparent reason (most of the time with little to no load on my hardware). It'll not happen for a day or two, and then randomly will begin happening again. Once I get back into windows after these shutdowns event viewer doesn't show any error that would be relevant to the shutting down of my system. At this point I have no idea what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Specifications:

- AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

- 32 gigabytes of corsair ram, don't know the exact make/model

- MSI B550 Tomahawk motherboard

- Ryzen 6600xt XFX graphics card

- Corsair RM750 power supply 

0 Likes
0 Replies