Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Computer Freezing

I am having trouble with my computer freezing/hanging when it is on the Desktop. It usually happens when I am trying to download an update/driver for a device then everything becomes unresponsive and I have to perform a hard reset. I have been running test on all my parts besides the Optical drive. Also a phenomenon is occurring in which my CPU is running at 5.1GHz. I don't know how to overclock nor do I wish to start. Is there a  way to throttle this down to its intended range? Also could a bent pin on the CPU be the problem with the freezing/hanging? It fell in fine when I put it into the slot.

My System:

SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

AMD FX-9590

16GB of RAM

2TB HDD

2 x MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8GB

Corsair H100i V2

1x Optical Drive

Windows 7 64-bit

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Computer Freezing

What power supply are you using?

and 5Ghz is it's Turbo clock speed

Clock speed4.7 GHz
Turbo clock speed

5 GHz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am using a 1000Watt Power Supply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

I would recommend that you read some of the many "FX-9590 Freezing" threads here which show all of the typical issues that cause the FX-9590 or any 8-core FX processor to freeze. A systematic diagnostic approach using the applet OCCT will allow you to record CPU functions, temp, etc. to see what is happening just before the system freezes. You also might want to run Memtest86+ V5 or later overnight to see if there are RAM issues. You may even need to use only one DIMM  to see if the problem is RAM related.

0 Kudos