cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

s_h_gaming
Adept I

Computer Crashing While Streaming And Playing Warzone

So I have Recently ran into a problem; I have had my computer crash twice while playing Warzone and streaming on Twitch. I have been able to monitor temperatures and usage using MSI Afterburner

CPU Temperatures and usage: 84C, 85%-100% usage depending on the action and if I am on loading screen. The CPU also pulls about 105 to almost 120W

GPU Temperatures and usage: 71C and  100% usage

RAM usage: about 14-15.5GB usage

Setup:

ASRock B450 Pro 4

Ryzen 5 2600 overclocked to 4.0 Ghz 1.4W 

Cooler: Thermaltake Contact Silent 12 using Cooler Master High Performance Thermal Paste

MSI Radeon RX 580 1455 Mhz

EVGA Supernova 650W Power supply

If there is any other information that you all need let me know.

Thanks!

I also plan on getting an AIO cooler real soon to see if that is my issue

0 Likes
5 Replies
s_h_gaming
Adept I

Also I have   GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB DDR4 3000 but overclocked to 3133

0 Likes

Your CPU is running a bit hot so its probably a good idea to go ahead with your planned upgrade to an AIO cooler, and not sure if i can use my own RX580 for comparison but my Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ never even reaches 70c under heavy gaming loads (same when im using it for blender cycles render) with an ambient room temp of 29c so might also wanna check your case and see if theres any way you can still improve the airflow inside, you can also try creating a more aggresive custom fan profile for your GPU and see if it improves GPU temps a little (Radeon Software > Performance Tab > Tuning section).

Ram usage is also pretty high so unless you have more than 16gb of ram your system is at some point bound to randomly freeze or even crash with the ammount of ram usage you have while streaming warzone so might want to cut down on any programs you may have running in the background thats eating up a chunk of your ram that you dont need while playing.

Might also want to try just running your ram at stock settings just for testing purposes and see if your system is stable while streaming warzone.

s_h_gaming
Adept I

I kind of figured it would be the CPU temps. The GPU is also overclocked which is why it is at 70C and yes I have messed with fan curves.

Update: So far it seems to be the CPU temps. I went to stream Fortnite and had the exact same results. I have yet to test warzone though.

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

MSI Radeon RX 580 1455 Mhz

This is the problem... 

0 Likes

You have to be thermal throttling as the max temp on that processor is 85 and it is likely not hotter because the processor is throttling to keep the temp down. 

Your cooler is not good enough for the overclocks you are forcing on your CPU. Also I assume you mean 1.4v not w. That voltage is too high for constant voltage.

You have everything maxed to the hilt, CPU, Memory, and GPU. Not shocking you have issues. A future water cooler may help. So would for instance a high end Noctua air cooler. 

I would strongly suggest you return your system to default settings CPU, GPU and Memory.

It is entirely possible you have already damaged your CPU. 

Honestly I don't know why you need such a high overclock as your CPU at defaults should already push that RX 580 as fast as it can go. It's not like you are CPU bottlenecked. 

Anyway get back to defaults and if that CPU isn't damaged you should see your problems go away.

0 Likes