Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

techontop
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: compare to intel processors

Kingfish, thanks. That's a comparison of video cards.

0 Kudos
techontop
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yeah, as noted, I'm buying for general business use. I know what kinds of systems I need. I know what intel processors will work for which user's needs. I'd just like to be able to translate that into which AMD would do the same so I can broaden my buying options.

0 Kudos
techontop
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm looking at the site and it might help. It seems to be more focused on comparing whole systems. I'm just trying to figure out, if I can buy two almost identical boxes, one with an intel this, and the other with an AMD that, how do those processors compare? So far I found a ranking list of all processors the site has tested, but only a page at a time and no way to search for a specific one. If you search for a specific one it leads you back to whole system comparisons. Like the site might have what I need but won't quite let me get at it. I'll keep trying their site and see.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

techontop wrote:

Yeah, as noted, I'm buying for general business use. I know what kinds of systems I need. I know what intel processors will work for which user's needs. I'd just like to be able to translate that into which AMD would do the same so I can broaden my buying options.

A basic CPU is all that you need for general business applications like word processing and spreadsheets.

Integrated graphics for both AMD and Intel are adequate.

Gaming is where a better CPU is needed for managing a high performance video card and rendering the game artwork etc

0 Kudos