Processors

eskalith
Journeyman III

Cant install Windows 10 Ryzen 7 3700x

Hello.

I recently assembled a new PC, here are the specifications:

- Case: Aerocool Cylon RGB, Midi-Tower, ATX/micro ATX/mini-ITX, USB 2.0/3.0 
- Power Supply: Game Factor PSG650 80 PLUS Bronze, 20+4 pin ATX, 120mm, 650W 
- RAM: 4x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 3000MHz, 8GB, Non-ECC, CL16, XMP (total 32GB) 
- MOBO: ASUS micro ATX PRIME B450M-A/CSM, S-AM4, AMD B450, HDMI, 64GB DDR4 
- Monitor: LG 27MP59G-P LED 27'', Full HD, 75Hz, Widescreen, FreeSync, HDMI 
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, S-AM4, 3.60GHz, 8-Core, 32MB L3, with stock cooler Wraith Prism RGB 
- Storage: SSD Adata Ultimate SU650, 480GB, SATA III, 2.5'', 7mm, Blister 
- GPU: Gigabyte RX 580 GAMING Rev. 2.0, Radeon RX 580, 8GB 256-bit GDDR5, PCI Express x16 3.0 

I have had problems trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, I get constant blue screens with different errors, and sometimes the PC just reboots. This happens at different points in the installation, apparently completely random. I installed different versions of the BIOS for the motherboard from the oldest, version 0219 2018/06/15, to the newest 2203 2020/07/28.

The only way I was able to install Windows was by cloning the system from another computer that already had it installed, but after the new PC identified the new hardware and I installed the necessary drivers for the specific hardware (latest chipset, etc. etc.), specifically after installing the graphic drivers from adrenalin, the system again would start glitching, screen would blink, go black, get BSoD, freez or just restart.

I repeated this process soo many times just to test different driver versions for the graphic card (used DDU everytime to remove any remains of previous drivers from old computer, just to be sure it was a clean driver installation and it had no drivers info from the cloned PC), tested them all from oldest to newest, with and without adrenalin sofware installed just to make sure the problem wasnt caused by the software UI itself or something. Nothing worked. At this point I thought the problem was the graphics card.

Some times the system would be kinda stable for very few minutes/couple of hours but when it went idle or under very low usage the screen would blink, go black, distort images, freez or just BSoD/restart.

I have also tried to install Ubuntu, sometimes I manage to finish the installation of this system, however, when updating the video drivers for RX580 card, the system becomes very unstable and fails as well.

I have tested the hardware performance to rule out this being the problem, I did RAM tests with memtest86 for about 8hrs with 0 errors reported, I tried 2 different video cards, one that needs power from the PSU (RX580) and another that does not (NVidia GT 710 2GB), I also tried different storage disks (SSDs as well as normal hard drives) and connected to different SATA ports. All combos I could think of (BIOS/drivers/hardware).

The temperatures of my CPU are relatively low around 55°C, the motherboard around 35°C and the video card around 45°C on hot-ish days.

I re installed the CPU to dismiss any physical issue when installed the first time, all pins are fine, the cooler is making perfect contact, and the thermal paste is well applied (reaplied it).

I think some kind of specific configuration on the BIOS or a specific version of it might be the problem but Im not sure, since this and the CPU are the only pieces I havent/cant replace with others.

Thank you in advance for your help everyone.

Best regards.

6 Replies
G3D30N85
Adept I

Did you ever find a solution I’m ha ring the same problems 

0 Likes

Check / try different power supply..?

Remove any XMP or memory OC's 

Try with only one RAM stick in single channel. Try with each stick & Or different slot to rule out possible RAM or MB RAM slot issue.

Check RAM is on the approved / verified list for your particular MB / CPU.

Check / reseat all MB, CPU, etc. Power connectors.

Try installing to different media? .e.g. instead of SSD or M2 Try installing to Spin HD or USB drive.

0 Likes

I have tried all the above it’s just weird and crazy 

0 Likes

Tried doing a CMOS clear? Remove all power and remove battery for a good 5 - 10mins (Normally 30 - 60seconds should do it but had a Gigabyte board with a 2500K not clear once being disconnected for 2mins) so give it plenty of time to discharge all power..

Could also try just shorting the clear jumper pins but unless you have a a proper connector I'm not a fan of the Screwdriver/ paperclip method, but it's an option.

Reload & update firmware  even if just copying same version is currently installed..

** I don't really think it has an effect.. BUT.. some BIOS updates suggest / say to rename the update file to a certain name. I didn't do it when I updated to 3001 & had no noticble issue.. But I did the rename this time for 3405 Which I updated to a few days ago.

** I'm using a ASUS Prime X570-P with chipset driver Ver 2.13.27.501

0 Likes

Also not sure if you mention actually wiping all the drives partitions and using boot media to do fresh install & let WIN 10 installer create & allocate the partitioning..?

Its not worth the potential random 'issues' that can surface when the cloned OS image is goin to a PC with drastically different parts. Especially if going Intel to AMD or Nvidia to Radeon or vise versa. 

My motto is 'if the MB is new, a fresh install I will do..'  Spent 2 months years back trying to work out why every now and then 1 - 3 times a week I'd get a random freeze / massive lag slow down or ocasional BSOD at random times. After stuffing around removing and reinstalling drivers, running WIN repair install, borrowed a friends RAM etc.  wiped the OS drive and re-partioned and new clean install & is problem free since.

0 Likes

I’m actually trying to erase everything I have changed ram thermal past psu is working it’s not overloaded for. 600w psu systems eats a 354w change gpu is just blue screen with new drive clone drive really just crazy working on resin stalling windows fresh but sti bsod just keeps Poping up thank you all for the information