cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Can the AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Processor work on my computer?

Hey there! I'm curious if the AMD Ryzen 5 1600x 6 core Processor can work and fit with my computer. I'm looking for a upgrade, and I'm pretty interested in this card.

My computer specs are as of the follows;  Hard Drive Capacity = 2 TB

Processor = AMD A10-Series 3.60 GHZ

Graphics = Integrated AMD Graphics

RAM = 12 GB

Power Supply = 300W

OS = Windows 10

My motherboard can be found here = HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Orchid3 | HP® Customer Support

If it cannot work/fit/etc, what processors would work and be considered a upgrade?

Thank you if you help me out! I'm definitely not a computer expert!

0 Likes
1 Reply
arcticwind
Forerunner

The link you provided to the motherboard spec's gives you the answers to your question.

It shows that the motherboard you are using has an FM2b socket, and it lists the acceptable CPU's that it can use.

Upgrades for your system are very limited because of the proprietary motherboard (and BIOS) that HP uses in their systems.  And also the age of the system.

The Ryzen processors use the new AM4 socket. You would need to build a whole new system to use Ryzen as it requires a new motherboard, CPU, RAM (DDR4), graphics card and power supply to run it all.   

0 Likes