cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

schoolie
Journeyman III

Can't get my ryzen 3900x stable

Can anyone help me get my computer stable??

I can't make it through cinebench multicore stock bios. The only thing I can't in the bios is the RAM to 3466MHZ. I just want it stable. I just tried to render a 10 minute video in Camtasia and it restarted in the middle of a render just like cinebench. It gives my the error message "Overcurrent has been detected on your USB device and the system will ... USB device and the system will shut down in 15 seconds to protect the mainboard." All my usb ports are fine. my rig was working fine for 4-5 months. Not sure if its a bios issue. Last know time I could get through cinebench all cores was on bios version 7C34v17(11-7-2019), but it has been a while since I tried after I upgraded the bios. Running AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan. I can get through the day running fine as long as I don't hit all the cores for a long period of time. I downloaded the latest x570 chipset drivers as of May 3rd, 2020.

My Rig:
3900x with stock wraith cooler
X570 Godlike (7C34v192(Beta version))(I had 7C34v18, same result)
Corsair Vengance PRO 32GB CMW32GX4M2C3466C16  (approved list)

Corsair Force MP600
nvidia geforce titan x (maxwell)
CORSAIR RMX Series, RM750x, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold

I have had difficulty getting the ram up to speed for a while. I get random reboots, but especially when I stress on the cores with the over current protection message above. I can run cinebench with a single core most of the times. I took off the wraith prism and reapplied artic thermal paste, which didn't help. Can get through memtest86 either. It reboots maybe for the same reason as cinebench and camtasia.

I am pulling my hair out.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Scott

2 Replies

I would pull one stick of ram at a time and see if one is stable over the other. You certainly would not be the first person to have a memory stick go bad. Also if that late 2019 bios was more stable, unless you had an issue that was fixed by a later bios, you don't have to update, especially if it proves more stable. The one you are using now is also beta so it may not be stable. 

0 Likes
mccharle
Elite

Hello schoolie,

I already seen your message "Overcurrent has been detected on your USB device", all times the problem is the same.

One pin in the USB port is twisted and create a short circuit. Check all ports carefully, you can try to correct it with a flat turns screw (turn off the computer please). Most of the time is in the front panel.

0 Likes