cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Can't get an RMA

Hello!

I requested an RMA for my processor(5900x) and provided proof that I did everything I could, suddenly they stopped answering me. What can I do in this case?

ticket 8201079943

0 Likes
9 Replies

very few details to really give any suggestions, in my case anyways.

Are you the Original Purchaser and Owner of the 5900X processor?

Can you post the Model and S/N from the AMD Retail Box white sealing label?

0 Likes

Yes I bought processor from first batch (OEM)

I posted all details (photos and receipts) in the ticket. Including a document from the service center that indicates that the problem is not with my motherboard or any other part of my PC.

0 Likes

Are you saying the processor is a OEM processor and not a Retail processor?

Did you receive a AMD Retail Box with the processor inside or did it come in a separate box or plastic container?

If the processor is a OEM/TRAY processor that didn't come in a Official AMD Retail box than the AMD Warranty is voided. The only company that can give you a Warranty on a OEM Processor is the Vendor/Seller who sold you the processor not AMD.

AMD gives Warranty on OEM/TRAY processors to the company (Distributors or OEM Manufacturer) that purchases the OEM/TRAY processors directly from AMD in bulk.

Then the Distributor/Vendor/Seller or OEM Manufacturer is responsible for Warranty on that processor.

It was in a small plastic container.

I did not get such information about warranty from AMD support.

Ok, you processor does not have a AMD Warranty because it didn't come in a Official AMD Retail Box. What you have is what you mentioned, a OEM/TRAY processor which is under Warranty by the Vendor/Seller/ Distributor/ OEM Manufacturer and not by AMD Warranty of 3 years.

From AMD Processor in a Box (PIB) Warranty: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

This is an Official Retail Box that is covered by AMD Warranty for 3 years. Only as an example:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

Some Retailers like Ebay and others will sell you a OEM/TRAY processor much cheaper than a AMD Retail Box processor because it hasn't any AMD Warranty to it and it doesn't come in a Retail box which adds to the cost of the processor.

0 Likes

Just to add,

amd warranty.PNG

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

@goodplay 

Thanks that was what I was looking for but couldn't find it.

0 Likes

Warranty Services (landing page)  https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/warranty

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Personally if I was the Retailer/Vendor selling a OEM/TRAY Processor I would make sure to have in large letters that the processor isn't covered by AMD Warranty.

But I am sure the Retailer/Vendors do not want to mention that fact because it will scare away possible customers who might purchase their OEM processors.

Even though the Retailer can sell it much cheaper than a Retail processor but the Customer won't have the 3 year AMD Warranty to back up the purchase in case the processor becomes defective.

Now in Europe it is different since Europe has the Consumer laws that anyone that purchases a product from a EU Retailer will have automatically a 2 year Warranty from the Retailer/Vendor.

USA doesn't have such a Consumer law.

0 Likes