cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jimjimjim
Journeyman III

Can't find PBO precision Ryzen 2700 x ASUS Rog B450 Motherboard

I'm using Windows 10, with a Ryzen 2700 x, and an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING motherboard. I can't find PBO precision boost overdrive at all in the bios, how do I enable it and check it working. I have it in Ryzen Master, but as Ryzen Master conflicts with a lot of software I need to only use the bios, but the option is not there.

0 Likes
1 Reply

First if you haven't updated your BIOS and CHIPSET on your Asus Motherboard, I would do that first. Both have new updates from 04/2019: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS USA 

Second, PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) is a feature in BIOS to Overclock your Ryzen safely and automatically. I downloaded your Asus Manual and the only feature I saw to Overclock your Ryzen is called EZ TUNING WIZARD (F11) in BIOS. It is possible this Asus Feature incorporated PBO since it is not listed, at least, in 2018 Manual. 

Possibly in the lastest BIOS it may have a separate listing.

By the way, Overclocking your Ryzen will void your AMD Warranty if anything goes wrong. Regardless if you are using AMD's PBO or some other feature or software to Overclock.

0 Likes