cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sfisher
Journeyman III

Can't fakeRAID0 more than 2 drives (X570-A PRO) Ryzen 3700x

I'm not able to use RaidXpert2 to fakeraid0 more than 2 drives. I've messed with this for more than a few hours. All of my SSD's I'm trying to RAID are crucial MX500's. I'm trying to RAID0 4 of them. Here's some of the steps I've taken.

-Followed the steps for RAID verbatim in the instructions manual.

-Updated to the newest version of the BIOS.

-Moved the drive's SATA cable from one SATA port to another. I noticed there maybe up to 4(?) raid controllers so maybe some ports fall under different controllers.

-Made sure the disk were as clean as I could get them. Some were in a fakeRAID before in case there's some kind of conflict.

I'm aware that storage spaces exist but I don't really want to use it for this. I want a massive bootable raid0. Like I had on the intel board before I switched over. I'm starting to except this as perhaps just a limitation of this particular chipset which would not be great.

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

sfisher. I have NO idea what a fakeRAID is and I have built many real RAIDs, all in AMD system.  Is this term some kind of strange silly Intel thing.  I am running a RAID0 (boot) in my 3970X consisting of four Sabrent SSDs.  I think this one was built in RAIDXpert2 (RX2) in BIOS but I have built and tested several in W10 RX2.  Please post some screenshots of the building and explain to me what a fakeRAID is.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: I do not know what instructions you are talking about, so here are some old one I made some time ago:

For SATA array.
1. Boot into BIOS, load defaults and boot
2. Boot into BIOS, set SATA mode to RAID
3. Set CSM to disable
4. Save
5. boot into BIOS
6. use RAIDXpert2 (RX2) to delete all drives you want included in the RAID and any
arrays not needed
7. Create array, selecting each of your drives, one by one
8. Save
9. Boot into Boot Menu
10. Select install USB. You should see UEFI only version.
11. Install the RAID drivers in this order using Load Drivers:
1-rcbottom - all your drives in the RAID will disappear
2-rcraid - you will see your one RAID
3-rccfg - you are good to go!
12. Install W10 on the RAID.
13. Enjoy.
0 Likes

if you want a RAID setup go buy a server SAS HBA with 8 or 16 ports, which will need PCIe x4 slot

then with the right octopus you can connect all your disks and the HBA can assemble JBOD, RAID0, RAID5 and on better cards RAID6 now.

the motherboard BIOS is more gimmick than meat

0 Likes