cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bkalarsson
Adept I

Can someone check my Bootkit Loan request #8201064122

I haven't received a response in over 48 hours and have now had this motherboard for a week. 

Any info is much appreciated.

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Very Good just asking in case your motherboard may have come with the correct BIOS installed already.

Yes that is where you will locate the BIOS version of the motherboard on that long thin white label near the CPU Socket or DIMM slots. On one of the lines at the end will have a 4 digit code which is the BIOS version installed from the Factory.

Too bad, It probably would have been faster if you could have borrowed another processor from a family or friend that is supported by your current BIOS version and update it that way.

It may take awhile for your Boot Kit to arrive so you need to be patient. One of the Moderators can probably check if they have the time to do so but if not write AMD back on the email your received or open a AMD Service Request - Warranty and input your Boot Kit number and see if they can find out the status of your Boot Kit.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Just asking, but how do you know which BIOS version your motherboard has installed and which BIOS version do you need to have installed for the Motherboard to recognize your processor?

0 Likes

I emailed ASUS support and they confirmed that it shipped with 1407

Sent them a picture of the sticker on the mobo beside the RAM slots. 

Shipped bios version is found on here. earliest required version is 2607

Very Good just asking in case your motherboard may have come with the correct BIOS installed already.

Yes that is where you will locate the BIOS version of the motherboard on that long thin white label near the CPU Socket or DIMM slots. On one of the lines at the end will have a 4 digit code which is the BIOS version installed from the Factory.

Too bad, It probably would have been faster if you could have borrowed another processor from a family or friend that is supported by your current BIOS version and update it that way.

It may take awhile for your Boot Kit to arrive so you need to be patient. One of the Moderators can probably check if they have the time to do so but if not write AMD back on the email your received or open a AMD Service Request - Warranty and input your Boot Kit number and see if they can find out the status of your Boot Kit.

ok thanks i'll chase them up again.

had this mobo a week now and just getting a litle impatient that i cant use my £340 CPU with my £199 mobo

0 Likes

Several Users have opened threads, in the past, concerning when the AMD Boot Kit will arrive so you are in good company. Most of them wrote back the Boot Kit had arrived but it took longer than a week.

So you need to be patient and wait at least 7 -10 working days, in my opinion, to see if the kit  arrives or you get an email from AMD concerning the kit. 

If not then open a Service Request - Warranty and see what your status is or write back to the email given to you by AMD.

Also depends where you live. By your monetary sign, the Euro, it seems you live in Europe. So it might take, at least, a week before you hear anything about your Boot kit status. 

Good luck.

sisti
Journeyman III

I contacted them on the 27th of april. Today is may 7th. Have you gotten your loaner?

I bought this board and cpu combo knowing it would need a bios update. I live in a small town. I contacted the local hardware store before buying, just to see if they could help me with the update. They said yes. I got the stuff brought it in and they were like "OHH shoot I thought this board did a USB flash without the CPU"  I'm not happy about it

0 Likes

Okay since Ray_M verified the RMA that means AMD knows your motherboard needs a BIOS update.

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

In case you opened the request using the same email address that you use on this forum, the only record available is a request submitted today.

Edit, I did find another ticket from you that was responded to on April 29. However, I believe you entered our email address wrong (missing an 'i' in the domain name. 

0 Likes