cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

johnybazokas
Adept I

Can Ryzen 5 4600H be overclocked?

AMD Ryzen Master says me doesn't support this processor and I can't do overclock.

Thanks!

6 Replies

Most mobile processors are locked meaning no overclocking. Typically a laptop doesn't have a cooling solution that would allow for much if any additional heat that overclocking would bring. 

My laptop specificities say 3 ghz (up to 4 ghz). I don't understand why say "up to 4 ghz" if it isn't possible...

0 Likes

One is base clock the other is max boost speed. Your processor already manages and does do this. So you are already getting exactly what you were specced. 

0 Likes

so, my processor boost automatically up 4 Ghz, right?

Thank very much for you answer!

0 Likes

That will be a max clock and only on one core and typically isn't held long at all. You're far more likely to see continuous operation more near the base clock. One are where that sporadic rise of a core to full boost is helpful is gaming. 

0 Likes

i have the exact processor and the overclock is automatic. it can go up to 3ghz and when more power is needed is automatically engages the turbo boost and it can go to a maximum of 4ghz 

one way to verify this is to run this benchmark test:https://www.userbenchmark.com/Software and monitor your cpu speed is the task manager 

you will see that when it tests the cpu it will go over 3ghz  all the way to 3.98ghz or 4ghz 

0 Likes