cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Can i order the thread ripper torque tool seperatly.

I ordered a thread ripper equipped PC from one of your online distributors and put special instructions to include either the tool alone or the whole box if possible, and it was not included. i contacted there customer support, however they use a third part support company and they did not know what the part was. I am planning to upgrade in the future and cannot find anywhere to buy this separately. if possible I was hoping to get the entire box since the packaging for thread ripper is awesome, but would settle for just the tool. I even offered to pay for the shipping but there service department couldn't figure out what I was talking about.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Can i order the thread ripper torque tool seperatly.

I wouldn't stress out to much about it if you wish to upgrade in the future since if you buy the CPU separately you will get the tool in that box anyway. I would send an e-mail to AMD directly and they might be able to hook you up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Where do you contact them "directly" there was NO torque tool included in the retail package of my Epyc processor... So I have been looking for this tool also. I can't even find a place to e-mail them or an official part number for this tool. $800 paper weight of a cpu + $700 paper weight of a mainboard without this tool. The only support that I can find is this community site... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Try here: Email Form

However, considering it's the holidays there might be some long response times.

Hope this helps, good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I ordered through cyberpowerpc which i know has a bad rap for customer service. The pc was perfect no problems at all but there customer service is a third party company based out of a different country so they Are like a middle man so they basically have no power to do anything besides place orders. They can’t even change your order after it’s been placed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Unlike Socket AM4, which is supported through 2020, AMD has not stated the lifespan of Socket TR4, so it's not even known if there will be a Zen 2 and Zen 3 based Threadripper processor. If they do, then they'll have to include the Torx wrench with those boxes as well, and you can use it to swap processors.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Their response was that it's a Tors T20 socket and that you don't need the correct tool to install it. Which I do agree with... but since I have no reference on the amount of torque that you need to put on the screws, I am not really happy with this response. Seems like the official line from AMD is that they don't sell this tool anywhere outside of the retail threadripper package(not included with Epyc retail packs).

Anyone have a description of how much torque the screws have(firm/louse)? Since I hate to "Guess" with a $800 cpu... I am 100% sure if I somehow over-torque this cpu AMD wouldn't honor the warranty...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

Watching this Vid Threadripper CPU Installation Guide! How Socket TR4 Works - YouTube I'd say not much (just snug). You can get a T20 Torx bit/screwdriver in most hardware stores.

0 Kudos