cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

teatrall
Journeyman III

Can i downgrade my fx-9370 to the level of fx-8350 ? which settings in the BIOS I need to enter?

I have an 9370 processor, and I want to install it to my pc. But it so hot for me. Can i result it to tdp and perfomance level of 8350 ?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Can i downgrade my fx-9370 to the level of fx-8350 ? which settings in the BIOS I need to enter?

By manually setting the voltage and multiplier to the FX-8350, then yes, BUT it may not work as intended as it may not be properly recognized.

abi
Challenger

Re: Can i downgrade my fx-9370 to the level of fx-8350 ? which settings in the BIOS I need to enter?

you wnt to downgrade 9370 to 8350 because of temp? if you wnt to reduce temp, just take out vcore. My fx8350 needs 1.47v for 4.8ghz, 1.41v -4.6ghz and 1.38v to 4.4ghz. withTurbo disabled and LLC at high.

For me the cpu at 4.6ghz it really runs cool ~50ºc and mobo PWM bellow 70ºc

0 Likes
techguy
Forerunner

All FX-9000 series CPUs are 220w CPUs - almost TWICE the power consumption and heat of a std. FX-8350 CPU. You must use a proper mobo designed and approved for the FX-9590, a proper cooler of 220w or more, a PSU with a minimum of 54 amps. or more on the 12V rail and likely mobo VRM cooling also - even if you chose to run it as an FX-8350. Any of the FX-8 core CPUs draw a lot of power so even if you lower the CPU frequency and vcore to that of the FX-8350 - which must be done in "manual mode" in the mobo BIOS, you still need a sufficient mobo design, CPU cooler and PSU. With the proper hardware and sufficient airflow thru your PC case, you should not experience over-heating of the CPU or excessive heat in your PC case.

0 Likes
uzpcustoms
Adept I

I would not underclock that much. I would suggest underclocking to a FX-8370 CPU, which is next in line on the chart under the 9000 series. It is Clocked at 4.0 GHz Boost to 4.3GHz. it will lower your power draw significantly and increase your cooling solutions ability.

0 Likes