cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nicholas001
Journeyman III

Can anyone suggest the best motherboard/processor for me to upgrade to? I have an HP 255 G4.

I've been searching all over the web for the best motherboard/processor upgrade for HP 255 G4 but I can't seem to find anything relevant. Can someone kindly suggest the best out there that will be COMPATIBLE with my device? I'm aware of the dangers of tampering with the motherboard but still wanna do it.

Screenshot (28).png

0 Likes
3 Replies
neon
Miniboss

Not sure what you are requesting. According to the HP document that you linked, the best motherboard appears to be HP p/n 814612-601 which has a A8-7410 APU and win 8.1 license.

Hi. Thanks for replying! I've made some more research and AMD Quad-Core A6–5200 APU with Radeon™ HD 8400 Graphics (2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores) is the best my laptop will support but I can't seem to find where to purchase it. Not even on the AMD website. Any ideas?

0 Likes

Since the APU is soldered to the motherboard, you would have to buy them together. HP has a parts store at parts.hp.com where you can try to find it, but availability and pricing on back stock is usually not ideal. They also have a list of part resellers, which might help. Also, you can lookup HP part numbers for your model notebook at partsurfer.hp.com

You can try used markets, but it can be hard to find the right thing without the HP part number.

0 Likes