cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mstratton317
Journeyman III

Can a Ryzen 5 3600 be made nonfunctional by an interrupted reset process after overclocking with Ryzen Master

Recently I tried changing some of the processor settings on my Ryzen 5 3600 using the Ryzen Master software. After trying to up the clock speed, and it saying something to the effect that the infinity fabric speed needed to be higher, I should have stopped there and realized I didn’t know what I was doing. But then I upped the infinity fabric speed as well, and it prompted me to reset my computer. While resetting, the power went out. Then, my computer wouldn’t boot or get to the BIOS, and the debug LED on my motherboard lit up for “CPU not recognized or fail.”

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I’m not sure what to do now, and I’m not sure what parts of my computer might be damaged. I'm afraid that the settings that were being changed during the reset might have been irreversibly damaged by the power outage, and that now my CPU is dead forever. thanks in advance for any advice. 

0 Likes
5 Replies

Clear CMOS.

100 % ^^ unplug it all and flash that thing. you can replace the bios chip and do some thigs depending on skill and willingness to mess with it like that. if your reboot happened during an update that had anyhting to do this the bios updating or changes inthe bios crashing mid load you need to definitely go for either a bios flash given that fact you mobo has one or a flash usb port. short the cmos button cell with a bridging of  (usually located on the mobo near the bios chip  ... CLRTR  <might be on the pin cluster area to identify it as the right pins. and u can usually findthe bridge fastenes on pins 1 and 2 or 1 then gapped over 2 and into 3. taking this off the pins and shifting to bridge.  the pins that are not bridged from the factory is basically a natural not conductive position so the ladder to   what two of those are bridged willl generally be your two pins to drain and short out the lingering power.. leave the brigde for at least 25 30 seconds any longer isnt really an issue in either direction good or bad. un mount your GPU to check and make sure board works without card and test the card at some pint to make sure itdint sort or anyhjtin.. you can unplug all your PSU connectors and take out the cmos cell and leave it over night if you really want there isnt anything keeping that from self falshing.. lmaoo   TEST BUTTON CELL BATT CHARGE THO.. make  sure its got a full charge and also  that the psu is able to put out the full needed power to full boot not jus trun the fans or rgbs upon start up..... worst case just clear cmos and take out the ram to do the same there and insert another hard drive / or iso uefi flash verion of a clean windows build before replcng storage alll togeher   

0 Likes
nickjackalson
Adept III

inf fabrik needs to be ties to mem bus 1:1 or 1:2, leave it on auto, then OC your RAM only

but first, CLEAR CMOS as black_zion states

mstratton317
Journeyman III

I reset the CMOS by removing the battery for a while and reinstalling it. After that, things were restored to normal. Thanks for the help

same thing happened to me me, my old gtx 1650 pulled this once during a hang into>bsod crash during middle of bios update > thisa was right after and following a **bleep** win 10 insiders broken (like always lol) os build... gdddamnnn did that one drive me nuts. sadly i realized that bios and mobo ended up taking the worth of it all .... in all honestly with the new gen cards i would have rather sacrificed the **bleep** card just to justify to my own self that a new gpu right at launch was the sure fire gaurenteed way to go about itt,  :')  hahahah  .... GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU GOT THINGS BACK ON TRACK OVER THERE  and didnt lose any hardware. nice work man, and of course .. happy gaming my friend \o/    o/ take it easy, stay safe, keeep the vibes up, my fellow tech nerds !

<3 SLoVeN~

0 Likes