cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Aedion
Journeyman III

Calling all Ryzen 5000 users... Screen tearing!!!

I recently switched from an i5 9600k to a Ryzen 5600x, in the hopes that the extra single core performance would help performance in MXS. Initial benchmarks with /fpshist showed better numbers, and I was happy. However, when I tried playing the game, I found my screen tearing to be MUCH worse than before. The game right now for me is absolutely unbearable. I'm using the exact same nvidia settings as before exact same refresh rate on my monitor, no vsync or gsync/freesync. I've never ran any framesync technology on my intel build because I just couldn't deal with the input lag. It was never a problem though, because I had very minimal screen tearing on my intel build. I have NO clue how a cpu could affect screen tearing at all, but ever since I put that new mobo and 5600x in, the screen tearing has just been unplayable.

I've already updated my chipset and all relevant drivers. I'm thinking maybe the single core performance is so good that its trying to push past the in game limit of 125fps and the frames are getting bunched up and inconsistantly displaying or something causing screen tearing. Thats a pure guess because at this point im completely lost.

I'd love to keep this Ryzen, I love it for everything else, insanely powerful chip. If I can't fix this new screen tearing issue though, im going to be forced to go back to Intel....

Any help is appreciated! I'll try anything at this point...

0 Likes
0 Replies