cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

K4S4
Journeyman III

BSOD with Ryzen 5 5600x

Hello, I am having issues after 10 days of using my Ryzen 5 5600x. I am having constant blue screens, and I have seen posts similar to my problem on Reddit and few other forums. My every blue screen was connected to ntoskrnl.exe. After disabling CBP in bios, pc stopped crashing. Now I am wondering, does that mean that my CPU is damaged since she is at stock 3,7Mhz and never goes over, or is it just a Windows fluke. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
delevero
Adept III

My guess is that maybe your cpu is damaged.
Many users with the 5000 series cpu have similar issues and my own 5900x cannot i manualy have to find cpuVcore in bios and change auto to 1,4v els it will make the pc crash in all games within 5 minutes.

But what you are seeing can have many reasons.
Example if your power supply is to small it can crash the computer ( if its less than 750w there is a chance that is the issue )
Also another reason could be your cpu coolers metal brackets that is touching some of the condensators on the motherboard.. check if your cpu cooler is touching anything els than the cpu and the screws
Also check if your motherboard is touching the back of your computer case.
Check if your harddisk bottom is touching metal.
Check all cables and maybe remove and insert them again.
Try to remove your ram and insert them again.. Look in your manual, they properbly need to be in A2 and B2 slot if you have two ram sticks.

tip.. never reuse cables from another power supply with another product.

Personaly i have RMA my CPU and is waiting for new cpu's to get in stock so i can return it.
I think its defective when it cannot by itself not crash the computer when the cpuVcore set to auto.
By the way i have a gigabyte 570x ultra card, but it also crash with the gigabyte 570x pro v1
Very long story short i changed all hardware and mixed it and so on and the cpu makes all games crash.
But typical i got the kernel power id 41 (63) and not other bugs.

PS.. its not the right thing to do to disable CBP, no point in owning a cpu where CBP is not turned on.
I bet if you go into bios and find cpuVcore and change auto to example 1,375 or 1,4volt and try then you will see that your pc run fine. ( and i can even run ram xmp at 3600mhz without problems as well. )

After 3½ month of issues my self that is the only solution that work for me to change cpuVcore voltage manualy.

Thank you so much for that nice reply, I appreciate it. All of my BSOD are kernel connected as well and I noticed this thing started happening to me since I changed my CPU cooler, from stock to dark rock pro 4, so it might be something with metal things touching each other. My PSU is 750w and fairly new. With 5600x I am using gtx1070.  I will try to do voltage manually. Once again thank you so much for your kind reply. 

0 Likes

Did you find out any solutions sir cause I’m in the same boat here with 5900x x470 gaming plus max

0 Likes

Hello sir, I looked CPB and I have zero blue screens, the only solution is to return the CPU. I went back to my retailer and they were super friendly. They will test my CPU somewhere next week and they will return me my pc back the same day with the test results. They said there won't be any issues returning parts and getting a new one as well. 

0 Likes

Thanks! My retailer, mindfactory, replied and told me that I should send to the manufacturer cause they don’t cover the warranty. So I RMA to amd yesterday and hope to get this resolved 

0 Likes

Good luck!! Problems aside CPU is amazing ^_^

0 Likes
uselessamdcpu
Journeyman III

IDK if anyone going to answer, I just wanna share my experience after going FULL RED.

PSU be quiet straight power 11 850w platinum

32GB RAM 8GBx4 3200MHz KINGSTON TECHNOLOGY 

5900x and ROG STRIX LC 360 on top of it.

2x NVME 3gen 980pro samsung and 4gen 990pro samsung

6900xt oc asus tuf 16gb

PC was built in 2021-11 on top of ROG x570-E-WIFI

after saving the money ive got 6900xt  on 2022-09. i was palying a lot of AAA games at that time to test it out, no manual OC, every component was running on default settings like voltage or xmp.

6-7 months later suddenly my pc shutdown ( i was playing BF5 SP ), no blue screen, no errors, literally like i was holding shutdown button to force shutdown.  more i played more crashes ive got. 

tried my best to fix with software, reinstalling windows 10. installing 11, reinstalling back to win10.  checking temps with HWMonitor, latest bios, drivers, furmark, 3dmark, even got new mouse, nothing helped.

traded my gpu with a friend for 1 week to test if it crashes his computer. no problem

ive put his 3060 ti in to my rig, NOPE NOTHING RUNS perfectly 

so 2023 october 31, i sent my gpu for warranty check. what i was doing without gpu, u may ask.

friend gave me his gtx 970, NO crashes.

2023-12-03 ive got a text message saying i can come and pickup my 6900xt. i was told : UR GPU DOES NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS
ok then i thought, who to blame ? cpu? 850w psu? now i need to buy 1kW psu?

1 day passed. boom pc shuts down again while plying cs2 beta on full hd LOWEST SETTINGS except global shadow: high

for debbuging i have unused ROG B550-F wifi ( which is somehow supporting 5900x) migrated every component. 
PC SHUTS DOWN

RESUME: first and last time going full red. ngreedia  and intel with their stupid 14nm chips probably was a better choise

just in case who understand windows event viewer logs: check this BS cuz im having the same problem

The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 service failed to star... - AMD Community

0 Likes