cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ojohnson
Journeyman III

BSoD with New Ryzen 7 3700x

I recently tried installing a new Ryzen 7 3700x in an ASRock AB350 Pro4 motherboard. I could get to the BIOS, but whenever I tried to actually log in to Windows 10, I got a BSoD with a driver related error message. However, the actual specific message changed each time. My BIOS is up to date, and when I put the CPU I was using before back in, it worked, so I think it must be a problem with the CPU.

0 Likes
2 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Your motherboard probably causes different error messages. You can reduce your problems by purchasing a x570 or b550 motherboard as soon as possible.

0 Likes
gnoll
Adept II

Hi ojohnson‌,

I would suggest starting with the following:

1. You may have some BIOS settings (i.e. CPU clock, voltage) set to a static value, to exclude that this is the issue please reset your BIOS settings.
  2. on that motherboard the Ryzen 7 3700X is supported starting from bios P5.80, check if you have this or a newer bios version.
  3. Depending on your previous CPU you may need to uninstall your previous chipset drivers, install the new CPU, and re-install the chipset drivers.

If none of these two solutions works it would be good to have more information, in particular:

• The model of your previous CPU
  • Model and Wattage of your PSU
  • Specifics of your RAM (Brand/Speed)
0 Likes