Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Slamare
Journeyman III

BSoD error occurs during games

Good afternoon!

A BSoD error occurs during games. From the file dump I got the information that the AuthenticAMD error
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_MEMORY__UNKNOWN. What does this mean and how to fix it?

The memory dump is available at the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bQpGuxuroPrXYpe2L4nXtGsFbLXEoou6/view?usp=drivesdk

winver: 11 22h2

cpu: Ryzen 7 5800x

0 Likes
2 Replies

Thanks for the Windows Dump log.

I was a little wary downloading it since I don't know who you are and the website didn't give any information. Afraid my PC might get infected with Malware.

Anyways looking at your Windows dump this is what I found:

1- Bug Code 0x124 -

Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

Cause

This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed. If over-clocking has been enabled, try disabling it. Confirm that any cooling systems such as fans are functional. Run system diagnostics to confirm that the system memory is not defective. It is less likely, but possible that a driver is causing the hardware to fail with this bug check.

2- The faulting file is PSHED.DLL - Seems to be a Windows DLL file.

What is Pshed driver?
A PSHED plug-in is a special-purpose Windows device driver that implements a callback interface that is called by the PSHED. The purpose of a PSHED plug-in is to augment or override the default behavior of the PSHED provided by Microsoft.Dec 14, 2021

It could be three things, Faulty Hardware, Corrupted Windows OS, or Faulty RAM according to this tech site: https://windowsreport.com/pshed-dll-windows-10-bsod/

What causes Pshed.dll BSOD?

There are a few reasons for the pshed.dll error on Windows 10. Below are the common ones:

• Outdated drivers: The Pshed.dll WHEA Uncorrectable Error is one of the frustrating BSoD issues that can be caused by outdated drivers. Your only way around this is to update your drivers.
  • Corrupt system files: Faulty system files are one of the biggest causes of this Blue Screen of Death error. You need to repair and restore these files to get past this Pshed.dll NTOSKRNL.exe BSoD.
  • Faulty memory: When your PC memory is faulty, it can also lead to this issue. You can confirm this by running the Memory Diagnostic tool.

This other Tech site gives a little bit more information and tips: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/fix-pshed-dll-windows-10-bsod-erros/

What Causes PSHED.Dll Error?

This blue screen error may occur for multiple reasons, including an incompatible or faulty device driver, missing or corrupted system files, outdated BIOS, defective hard drive, memory issues, etc. Read on to find some effective DIY troubleshooting methods to fix the PSHED.Dll BSOD Windows 10 error.

As some Windows users reported that they tried factory resetting their PC, but the BSOD error kept coming up, we’d suggest you boot your system in safe mode to prevent interruptions while fixing the error.

0 Likes

Don't worry, this file is clean and virus-free. This error occurs during games at different intervals and under different circumstances, a BSoD occurs with the code whea uncorrectable error. After removing the memory dump, I found out that the error was 0x00000124. Error code: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd60c1ecdf028, 0x00000000bc800800, 0x00000000060c0859). Report code: 6e8530e7-b635-4b68-b33e-0ce3f970cf0d. All components were bought at the same time, so I sinned for everything at once. The drivers are all worth the latest revisions, including the Bios. There is no visual damage on all components, I checked the temperatures and tested all the components separately. I tried overclocking and undervolt RAM, but the problem persists. Reset the BIOS to standard settings. According to all stress tests, everything is stable. All fans are working. And according to all tests, everything is stable. The processor in the Aida64 stress test rested at 90 degrees Celsius, with everyday use it does not heat up to these temperatures. Confused by the error described in the body of the question, since I did not find the information in google by mistake, I decided to write here. I also attach a complete list of all the characteristics of the computer in html format, maybe this can help. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o19xx0GmecWrEE37lqIb0BLrYhgI5XFX/view?usp=share_link%EF%BF%BC%EF%BF...

0 Likes