Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Broken pin FM2+ CPU

I received an FM2 mobo with a FM2+ CPU attached to it. When I took of the CPU I noticed that two pins were bent (see picture). The one at the yellow arrow could be corrected. However, the one at the red arrow broke off when I tried to fix it. I don't have an FM2+ board right now to check out the CPU, but I would like to know if it still works. Does anybody know where I can find a pin lay out to see if it is a ground pin (vss, not truly needed) or a crucial pin?

pastedImage_2.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Broken pin FM2+ CPU

is it possible to excange it then do that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

if it broken of then you is fuckt but the pins you can put back in place if you is good

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

not all fm2+ pins is in Work on all the time it depends on cpu http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket_FM2_.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

but i dont no whitch on it is

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The CPU is an AMD Athlon X4 860K FM2+ (codename Kaveri). Sorry for not mentioning it. But I can't find the pin lay out on CPU World. Maybe I have looked at the wrong place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

um if this a newly bought product, lets just say it broke off when disasembling it and just noticed this and return. is that possible.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Unluckily it is not a new one, so I cannot return it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

If you bought it on eBay or paid with PayPal there are buyer protections so you can get your money back. If you didn't then the only thing you can do is hook it up and see if it powers on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

i agree . and also if your lucky to get it too boot up, look in the task manager and see if you lost a core. beeing that they broke off so close the die i would expect a lost core or thread but maybe not. give it a go ..

0 Kudos