cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

waltc
Miniboss

Re: Boot speed is slower than Intel

If you had known you don't need an x570 mboard for a Zen + cpu, you wouldn't have bought it, I imagine.  Try putting a Zen 2 CPU in it and you will see a vast difference.  Here's a review from 18 months ago on the 2600G--long before Zen 2 and x570 mboards started shipping. Why waste time blaming AMD for the 2400G when it's obvious your MSI motherboard is what's been giving you fits?

Really, for the 2400G you'd have been fine--better off likely--with a B4xx or even x3/x470 mboard.  2400G is a baseline, low-entry iGPU.  There is no substitute for being informed, imo.  Nobody who is in reality "hardcoregames" would ever buy a 2400G to play them.  Very casual, uninvolved gamers, sure, but not "hard core" gamers.   I can't figure why you made these purchase choices.  Better luck in the future, but AMD is rock-solid--but you have to know at least a little bit about what you are doing, of course.  You should pick up an R5 2600 (going very cheap now because Zen 2 is shipping) or 3600 (A mere $20 more than you paid and will blow the doors off of the 2400G's CPU) for your x570 motherboard.  Then grab either an RX-590 or RX-580 GPU (both selling for peanuts, now because the 5700's are shipping)--and you will be amazed at the incredible game-performance differences you will see compared to what you say you bought!  Guaranteed. 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

My CPU is hardly 9 months old, should last me for a decade

I paid lots of this CPU, I do not see what is wrong outside some corporation breaking a promise

I have 8 lanes for a video card so I use one card, no big deal

so rather than buy a new CPU, I got an X470 and now post rants galore on my website

the X570 is now an expensive paperweight and legally evidence in a case of false advertising

that review is an Intel high end motherboard vs a mid range AMD one, should have used the X470

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

Heh...I can see that if you read my post you didn't understand it....again, this x570 Aorus Master is the best motherboard I've ever owned.  No one who calls it a "paperweight" is qualified to comment on it.  You best quit while you're behind, guy...;)  I owned an x470, too--like my x570 a lot better.  Seriously, you have no clue.  Again, why did you buy a Ryzen + CPU to run in an x570 motherboard?  You still haven't said--really though, I've completely lost interest.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have an old B350 board that I retain as a backup. I used my R5 2400G on it fine and based on comments ordered the X570 expecting it would work based on AMD comments. Only after the fact that things changed. 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

After some tuning of my machine my BIOS time is 19.4 seconds with secure boot enabled. This is about as good as it gets with an NVMe system device. At least with my R5 2400G, so maybe a faster CPU can shave some seconds I am not the impatient.

NVMe is faster as it can handle parallel requests unlike a hard disk which is serial by nature. The advent of M.2 on the motherboard makes sense and it will revolutionize the performance looking forward.

0 Likes
brucer
Forerunner

You likely have owned one amd gpu then.. I've own a fury, fury-x, rx470,rx480,rx580,vega56 and vega 64...  Tell me something I dont know about amd gpus..  I ran an amd mining rig for 2 years, I know how problematic they are, and that goes for day to day use or mining use..

0 Likes
brucer
Forerunner

My Intel 8700k/z370 Taichi will boot to desktop in about 10 seconds, thats including me logging in.

0 Likes
brucer
Forerunner

I have no need to smarta$$..  I'm sitting here beside a, 8700k/z370 taichi and a 3800x/x570 Taichi and I see it first hand..  I've tried to enable fastboot several times and it basically boot locks so I have to reset the bios when I enable it..

0 Likes
brucer
Forerunner

read my reply to shinkojiro.. 

I guess I was also correct about those Ryzen3000 cpu's lack of advertised frequencies being amd released a public statement on it.. lol..

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

You weren't correct in anything. You were crying false advertisement, you were claiming the processors cannot do the advertised speeds. All of which you were wrong on. you're just embarrassing yourself by coming here and continuously trying to frame them with your nonsense.

0 Likes