cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zielak123
Journeyman III

Boot kit loan for b450

I have asus tuf b450 Pro gaming which shipped 2y ago with ready to go bios for ryzen 3xxx series. I bought it with an idea of pairing it with r5 3600, but the pandemia screw my plans. So after this time, I just bought r5 5600. But the current bios is outdated to boot this cpu and I don't have any older and cpu to update it (currently i5 4460 on z97p board). Do I have a chance to loan a boot kit with this setting? 

0 Likes
5 Replies

Open a AMD Warranty and ask for the AMD BOOT Kit. Even though you motherboard is over 2 years old you still qualify since you purchase a new 5000 series CPU.

Open AMD Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

Here is AMD BOOT KIT Website to help try to update your BIOS with several suggestions first before ordering your Boot Kit: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Screenshot 2022-11-02 081708.png

0 Likes

Ty, i'll try it later today. I thought since 1st point is to have 3rd gen while i have 5th gen, would be auto decline. Btw, i can leave 1st boxes ("company" and street 1) empty and fill my street adress in 2nd boxes? I never know how to fill full adress for foreign countries if I live in apartament building. Normally in my country it's eg. "Street name 5/6“ where 5 is a street number and 6 is apartment number. 

0 Likes

You can skip Company name since that is not applicable.

But fill in Street 1 & 2.

Street 1 is you main address and you can put in your apartment or unit number in Street 2 line.

NOTE: You still might get rejected but no harm in requesting the Boot kit. But since you purchased a new 5000 series CPU and you never purchased a CPU for your original Motherboard In my opinion it should qualify.

Just mention why you never installed a CPU when you first purchased your motherboard to give an idea of why you now need a Boot Kit.

Good luck!

0 Likes

From the list of "product types" I need to choose CPU right? And in product details I fill my r5 5600 and mobo details or just the mobo? Sorry to bother you so much, it's my first time

0 Likes

Yes you select CPU/APU Processors.

Fill out all the information boxes at the bottom - Product Name, Part Number, Serial Number, and Problem Description.

After that you are on your own. If you have any questions than communicate with AMD through the email they send you.

Just copy it from the Official AMD Retail Box or directly from the CPU Processor's lid.

In "Problem Description" just enter BOOT KIT REQUIRED

That it. Make sure to Check mark AMD Agreement to Terms & Conditions.

Afterwards AMD will send you an email with instructions on what to do next.

0 Likes