cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dexvicious
Journeyman III

Blue screen of death

Hello, i built my new rig 7 months ago and im getting some BSOD on random times i got about 12 times BOSD all those months, the computer seems to work like butter smooth and fast and never had a problem with shuttering while gaming just some random crashes on unoptimized PUBG game which are not a big deal, i have updated drivers, windows 10 updates e.t.c i ran memory windows diagnostic tool and no problem found.

BOSD Error : Stop code : ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY

CPU : Ryzen 1600 3.2Ghz (Running 3.5Ghz on Asus Performance auto overclock from the motherboard)

MOBO : Asus Prime B350 plus

RAM : HyperX Predator 3000mhz cl 15 2x4GB (HX430C15PB3K2/8)*

GPU : GTX 960 2GB MSI Gaming X

PSU : EVGA  650watt BQ

*The exact Ram code is not listed on my motherboards list, but similar ram is listed, ALSO if you check this HyperX link my ram model is listed on 3000Mhz* (The first model)

https://media.kingston.com/pdfs/hx-product-memory-ddr4-amd-ryzen-and-hx-compatibility-us.pdf

they also say that my 3000mhz ram will optimize on 2933 bla bla bla.

I Believe the problem is my ram since i cant overclock on DOCP more than 2400MHz  and i made the overclock manualy with the given timings of 15-17-17-36 (bios optimizing my timings on    16-17-17-36)

Question 1 : Is it possible AMD releases a new bios that fixes the problem for this ram model?

Question 2 : Do you believe my ram is responsible for the BSOD's? If yes can you suggest me a manual overclock timings that may work stable?

0 Likes
1 Reply

According to this website. It can either be Outdated or Corrupt Drivers, Virus/Malware, or Bad RAM Memory module. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/attempted-execute-noexecute-memory

Copied from above link:

One such error is ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY. The bug check code for this is 0x000000FC, and the usual cause is faulty or out-dated drivers. Or sometimes due to an error in the RAM (Random Access Memory). This error in the RAM can be physical, based on drivers or even some sort of unwanted malware. There is not one reason for this. Hence there is no one solution to this. We will be checking out five suggestions to fix this error.

1) I would make sure your Windows OS is fully updated with all Recommended and Optional Updates. Most AMD & nVidia Drivers requires that that Windows OS be fully updated.

2) Download the latest Driver from nVidia from here for the GTX 960: Drivers | GeForce  (The latest is from October  8, 2018).

3) Run Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware to check to see if your computer has any viruses or malware. Also use your Anti-Virus to make a system wide scan for viruses or malware.

4) Run MEMTEST86 for at least 2-3 passes. It should come back with ZERO errors. If it shows one or more errors you may have a bad RAM Memory module.

To prevent AMD or nVidia Driver from having conflicts with the previous installed GPU Driver, Use this basic procedure to install your Driver:

install nVidia driver:

1) Download the correct nVidia Full Set of drivers from nVidia Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest nVidia Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current nVidia driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the nVidia driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ nVidia folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the nVidia driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the nVidia FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing nVidia Drivers.

5) If the new nVidia drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ nVidia folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

0 Likes