cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pennib
Adept I

Blank screen and buzzing

I was watching a YouTube channel yesterday when the screen went gray blank and a loud buzzing noise sounded. No control from keyboard. Had to reset PC. I am using the onboard graphics with the latest BIOS and memory size and speed adjusted for best performance. General I am happy with the performance of my Ryzen 5 2400G, but am a little disturbed by this behavior.

Radeon Software Version - 19.10.08

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - DDR4                                                                                 

Core Clock - 1251 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

Gigabyte GA-AB350M-D3H Motherboard

Any ideas or suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

pennib, this sounds like a classic crash (BSOD) to me.  Heard it many times.  Probable a product of your OC.  Please right click your 'This PC', select Manage - Event Viewer - Windows Logs - System, then on the right side 'Filter Current Log...' then check 'Critical' box and OK.  Double click any items listed especially the one you are talking about.  You can post the text here.  Look in your Minidump folder in the Windows folder and if not empty please compress and upload it here.  I recommend you do a Clear CMOS and run with factory settings for a while to see if the crashes stop.  Enjoy, John. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Below is from the event I was talking about. It happened again today. Save error as below. System would not immediately reboot. Had to allow rest time as if there was a heat issue. Thinking using onboard graphics I upgraded to an aftermarket CPU cooler (Mugen) and it does cool better and is quieter. But still happened again. No over clocking used.

As for as locating the “Minidump folder”, it is simply nothing there, no hidden files. I recently upgraded to 1903 with all its updated. Perhaps they renamed the folder. Subsequent Google searches were not helpful. I will start implementing your suggestion. Perhaps you can make something out of the below event log. It’s interesting that each time this happens I have YouTube running.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

0 Likes
pennib
Adept I

System is again stable. Updated the Gigabyte Bios to 41a but also updated EC FW Update Tool as per Gigabyte

0 Likes